Multivitamins

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Are there any good vitamins to help with hair? Prior to my surgery my only side effect from Trileptal was severe scalp dryness. After my RTLS I've noticed my hair thinning. :(
It's thinning on the left side and top. It's my belief that my brain isn't absorbing the Trileptal like its done prior, causing this reaction. I asked my neurologist about this at my last appt, but it didn't register. :( I didn't get to ask my PCP about this at my last appt.

What are some good vitamins I can take to combat this side effect?

Hi
I remember you previously highlighting your drama with flaky scalp dryness, that also my girl gets from the Trileptal. I found its not too bad when I'm using hair products that's kinder to the scalp.
What I'm also using is Silica (Qsilica Colloidal Silica Gel) which is a product for healthy skin, hair, nails and connective tissue. It also plays a role in the metabolism of calcium in the body.

It may or it may not work for you.
I found this made a difference getting rid of the dryness.

I tried the transdermal b12 did not work but I going to try the nasal form. My b12 is on the cusp I had it done an it was low but 3 other people had similar reading that week and the hospital changed boundary of normal.All I know was I had to have B12 injections daily for a week as they tested me and I felt so well in that period of taking it.
I would be interested to know if others tried Basel B12 and best place get it from

Back
Top Bottom