My License...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I live in Connecticut and the law here is ambiguous. It gives the doctor the final word, so if he/she says you can drive, you can, as long as you've been seizure free for three months. And in my experience, neurologists aren't always familiar with all the ins and outs of the law, or even the power they have, at least here.

In regards the licence
Oh how i sing a familiar song!!. I lost my home in the country because i can't commute anymore.I now ride a bike walk and must depend on others . I was raised to be indpendent it truly rubs me the wrong way. I try to make the best of it but living life in a tomb in the big smoke really gets me down. On the up side i have now made a year free of a seizure and now await the hoops but also wonder if it is really over.What if i drive and two weeks or two months from now i have a seizure in the car with someone in it or casue death or injury to some innocent person or persons. A moral decision to be sure.
Id be interested to recieve some feeback.
Well off to be with the great unwashed on the bus.

They told Jennifer she could drive. SO off she goes, just back and forth to school. She is fine, but her driving days for now are so over. We don't know what happened, long story, but she woke up in the ER after running off the road and hitting a tree headon. The car was totaled and she got a few lumps and bumps. But the reality of possibly losing her or having her hurt someone else.. has made us totally change our minds.

I think driving very iffy as we know, E has no rhyme or reason..

I hope you all are well
joan*

That is scary! I did a major no no and did not eat and while playing some golf I had a few beers and when I was driving home and next thing I know I am riding on top of the gaurd rail then off then on. No other cars were near me, and no damage done to my truck. my diet is aweful, I just dont like to eat, don't care for it, unless it is cereal.

re licence

HI music man here

My plan is to wait a bit and see it's a difficult decision to make.

Losing your licence does take a situation like just living with E and makes it worse. Went through the same thing years ago for a while after having a seizure while driving. I did not want to depend on anyone any more than I had too.

I am currently driving but every day I am afraid that it will be the day I go into a ditch or wrap it around a tree.

I could take public transportation but it would take me about 4 hours to get to work!

R

Back
Top Bottom