Video EEG Day One

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I nap when I need to. I don't have a job (yet!!) so, usually every 2nd or 3rd day I'll sleep for about 4 hours while the kids are at school.

What's your homework? I can't wait until I can go back to school for something!

Sometimes it can actually help to daydream a bit, try not focus on anything in particular. That's when the mind wanders enough so that the bad brainwaves can take over.

Also worth trying:
Yawning and stretching with your arms over your head. Holding and waving your arms over your head.
Standing up really quickly after sitting/lying for a long time.

Aint monsters just the best drink in the world??, such good taste lol, -hijack- pretty cool idea for seizure trigger :), -back too you- hope you get them results soon so you can get out that damn place!!

Thanks everyone! Actually I was daydreaming earlier and then glanced at my EEG monitor and saw some changes, haha. I dunno if they were good or bad brainwaves, but there were definitely different than the other ones. Is it weird that I keep wiggling things and looking at what changes? It's pretty entertaining, actually.

As for school... well... I'm getting my master's in health administration (Figured I've dealt a lot with all this stuff - might as well learn how to help people without actually being a practitioner!), and right now I'm taking Health Economics. It's interesting, but really hard to sit and read. Especially when I'm tired! The coffee is weak, but it's helping. Hopefully I do get that monster soon :) I'll have one this afternoon then one tonight since I'm guessing I'll have to do the late night thing again tonight :/

Oh, I'm also listening to music that makes me sad kinda. And reminiscing on how much I miss driving (actually I didn't try for that one). I"m kinda wondering if my vivid memory flashbacks will come back as anything. I know my "fake memories" are seizure activity, but I don't know about these REAL memory flashbacks. I do get them a lot when I'm really tired, and when I looked over things were different. Hmmmm....

Aint monsters just the best drink in the world??, such good taste lol, -hijack- pretty cool idea for seizure trigger :), -back too you- hope you get them results soon so you can get out that damn place!!

Lol, I've had like two or three energy drinks since my last T/C seizure, but I used to drink them all the time! With both T/C seizures I had a lot of caffeine involved, and sleep deprivation. One of the nurse practioners suggested to the neurologist that I could try caffeine pills, but he didn't like that idea, lol. Last time I tried them they didn't do much for me anyway. I also found half a five-hour energy drink in my laptop bag. Who knows how old it is, but I'll try it at some point. And hopefully Monster will work:) Since I never drink them, they should have a bigger effect on me (coffee only does so much - especially weaker coffee like they have here). I guess it's good I've made some friends here, haha. I talk up a storm with most people who will listen, lol. The ones who will listen usually think I'm friendly and like being around me (or they get really annoyed). Hey look at me ramble again! (Someone told me the other day my mind moves really fast doesn't it? Because I'm always talking fast and switching topics). Ladies and gentlemen, it's possible that my caffeine is taking effect now. Lack of sleep and caffeine generally also put me in a state of not-thinking-clearly hyperactive state. :)

I nap when I need to. I don't have a job (yet!!) so, usually every 2nd or 3rd day I'll sleep for about 4 hours while the kids are at school.

What's your homework? I can't wait until I can go back to school for something!

And yes, I love naps! I could totally use one right about now. Well, a few minutes ago. Now I'm kinda hyper. Which is good :)

Hope you're getting some answers. Sounds like you have already had quite the morning! Glad you got some energy drinks in your system. Isn't it funny how the waves change, I remember watching those in my video EEG. I guess it keeps track of your blinking, so I started messing around with that. The tech made a comment about it at some point haha, I wasn't fully aware they could hear EVERYTHING I said. Uh oh! Hope your not super bored. Wishing you a peaceful night.

I just had my video EEG in December, and I also watched the screen frequently for changes :) Hope you won't have to be in there too long, and you get the answers you need! I've also had to explain why they were provoking seizures to others

Lol, I am glad I'm not the only one who finds it so entertaining! Sadly it's NEXT to my bed, so I actually have to sit up and turn around to look at it, which of course changes the waves :) So I'll just sit there awkwardly looking at it with my back turned to the camera, haha. And then I can see myself looking at it on the screen from behind. I look like a little kid (I guess that's what happens when you're my size!) I'm sure the people watching me probably find it amusing. I actually decided to look at myself after I typed that, hahaha. Wow, sleep deprivation is fun! (Sometimes)

I thought I was having seizure activity earlier - though I wasn't sure, so I pressed the button, and it went on for a bit, the nurse called the neurologist who looked at it and said everything is fine. Then again, I couldn't figure out if I was just really tired or having seizure activity! I guess I'm not taking any meds right now though... I called the nurse asking about my Lamictal and I guess they decided to cancel that for the rest of the day! Hopefully that makes a difference quickly :) I know usually if I forget to take my meds until late in the day, I will start feeling partials coming on. But then, normally I'm a lot more stressed than this!

Oh and my mom finally understands WHY they're provoking seizures, lol. Aaaannnd... 78 MINUTES UNTIL I CAN SLEEP AGAIN! And my head hurts from this thing :/

OH, and I got no energy drinks :( I was supposed to get some, but it's been all coffee for me. Bleh.

The nurse on night shift just totally came in and is like "what are you doing?" HAHAHA. I knew it. I would be confused too if I saw someone staring over their shoulder incessantly.

They are going to start thinking you are bonkers :)
How are you today?
Get some mountain dew on the go. My gosh I love that drink. Its my guilty pleasure!
I hate the idea of wishing seizures on people but I hope they start coming for you :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I agree caffeine pills do bring on seizures, prop plus and monsters all the way if you want too bring them on evil stuff -.- but good for inducing seizures

They also do them really small energy drink shot things. They look evil but im sure a few of them would help!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

lol, I'm picturing your turning around in the bed. You're too funny...that's what I call "slap happy" when you're so tired EVERYTHING is fucking hilarious.

I hope the no lamictal helps quick...it DOES have a long half life (around 29.5 hours IIRC) so, keep drinking the coffee and lots of water to help flush it.

I hope you get some Monster or something today :/ Is your mom close enough, or are you stationed away from family?

Caffeine pills and monsters! I need them! Sadly, I didn't get either. Just coffee And CB, I started laughing when I read that. Sad about the short half life though... before my medications, my partials wer pretty bad, so I dunno what I need to do, but this needs to happen quick! The day nurse was funny. She goes "sadly we can't make the brain do what we want it to. It does what it wants, even when we try to provoke it." Yup... fact.

Unfortunately, the fam is all the way on the West Coast, and I'm all the way on the East Coast. As much as I'd like to fly them over here, it sadly wouln't work too well :) But yeah, at the rate things are going, I'll be here til Friday. OH well... guess I don't have to be at work? But I sleep more there and can have a beer at the end of the day! lol. And I can eat when I'm hungry. Okay, yeah, this thing needs to hurry up! lol. Time for mid-day scary movies I guess? hahaha.

*shudder* I used to love scary movies. I can't do it anymore, not since having kids I guess.

One of the last ones I watched was What Lies Beneath. Scared the shit out of me. lol I also like Sleeping with the Enemy. (Gawd, it's been so long this is embarrassing.)

I do have a good friend that's way into horror, so if you want some more suggestions I can bug her. She should be up soon.

I see now that you're in Upstate NY. Where abouts? My mom is from Stoneybrook :) My grandmother lived up north until her mid 50's, then she and my Pop-pop decided to move their family to their vacation home in S. Carolina. That's how we got stuck in the South, and how I became "a Southerner"

Lol, I am glad I'm not the only one who finds it so entertaining! Sadly it's NEXT to my bed, so I actually have to sit up and turn around to look at it, which of course changes the waves :) So I'll just sit there awkwardly looking at it with my back turned to the camera, haha. And then I can see myself looking at it on the screen from behind. I look like a little kid (I guess that's what happens when you're my size!) I'm sure the people watching me probably find it amusing. I actually decided to look at myself after I typed that, hahaha. Wow, sleep deprivation is fun! (Sometimes)

At least you had the camera to look at. All I got was a tv to watch with basic cable.

All the "fun stuff" was in a separate room. I was wired up that had a long Ethernet cable that plugged into the wall behind me. I could walk around the room (even the BR)with it plugged in. But a got a roommate so I had to unplug it when I went to the BR, and plug in when I returned.

The nurse on night shift just totally came in and is like "what are you doing?"
HAHAHA. I knew it. I would be confused too if I saw someone staring over their shoulder incessantly.

A few times the nurses would come in to check on me for something simple. I'd be laying in bed watching tv then like nothing just wiggle my leg side to side. It wasn't seizure related, but it freaked them out. :)

If stress is a trigger, maybe you can get someone to fight with. Nothing heavy just a mild quarrel to stir up some activity for you. You could also find some other ways to entertain yourself. Try beeping for a few minutes. IE: Beep, Beep, Beep....

It will trigger some activity for you in one or the other. Either you'll have the seizures you need, or the nurses will come running to check your status.

Good luck, :)

The nurse on night shift just totally came in and is like "what are you doing?" HAHAHA. I knew it. I would be confused too if I saw someone staring over their shoulder incessantly.

hahaha, that's to funny! I swear I messed with the tech so much. I would just point at the camera and make funny faces. At least I kept her and the nurses enertained.

Do they wake you up really early in the morning? I was so grumpy when they did that.

Either way hope your doing ok, crossing my fingers that you get your result soon!

The doc made sure I got an energy drink - yay! And unless I was imagining things, pretty sure I had one of my longer auras. I've realized fear is also a bigger part of the ones I've had before my T/C seizures. I never think about it until I feel it... and unless I'm mistaking some type of anxiety for a seizure, that was definitely a partial seizure. I guess it would make sense since I haven't really slept, I had an energy drink and two coffees, and they stopped my meds. It was lunch though, so the nurse here took down my notes, and is still monitoring me, but I didn't have the whole slew of people in here like I did before lunch.

They did tell me I could now sleep though, so once this caffeine wears off, I"m thinking sleep sounds pretty good :)

I'm sure everyone's enjoying these fun daily updates too ;)

Back
Top Bottom