What do you do in your spare time?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My parents have chickens & ducks which are free range

So which is easier, chickens or ducks. I have been breaking the wife into the idea of getting chickens but I could also see getting ducks instead. Do they get all batty if they dont have water to swim in? My neighbors have a pool and go on long vacations.....

When I first met my wife she had ducks and although they loved to swim believe it or not they were scared of rain and by the way the saying mucky duck wasn't a myth they really are filthy creatures

My friend had ducks and they ruined her garden, made a right mess!

I'd love to keep Bantam and Buff Orpington chickens. Fluffy!

Ducks only have 3 purposes in life
1 to look cute
2 to give little old ladies and kids something to do with manky bread
3 to make chinese food and french food worth eating

So which is easier, chickens or ducks.
Neither of them seem to be hard to look after but I think in the end chickens are better. The chicken poo is really good fertiliser. In the chook pen at my parents place there is a lemon tree & lime tree. Both trees weren't growing much at 1st & It wasn't until after my parents got the chickens & Dad built the chook pen the trees really started to grow & thrive lol.

My parents have an adult drake, 3 adult female ducks & a heap of younger ducks. Their adult drake is crazy, annoys the ducks & the chooks lol. The ducks which my parents have are part of the goose family, they don't quack, the sound they make is more like a wheeze lol. The ducks have a little pool in their duck pen that they often swim in.

duck stink if i recall, but dont quote me on it

You're right C0urt, ducks do stink & they crap alot so leave a mess everywhere.

Last edited:
Ducks only have 3 purposes in life
1 to look cute
2 to give little old ladies and kids something to do with manky bread
3 to make chinese food and french food worth eating
:roflmao:, the ducks my parents have are only cute when they are ducklings,but when they get bigger they get ugly lmao.

LillyducksApril20111.jpg

My parents dog Lilly with some of the older ducks (& 1 of the hens lol).

Blondiesducklings253121.jpg

Some of the younger ducks when they were ducklings.

Hoppy253121.jpg

My duck Hoppy, one of her feet are deformed & she can't really use it but she manages to get around in her own special duck home ok lol.

Last edited:
Ahhh CWE, where all of your fowl questions get answered.

Here's something you don't hear every day. It looks like chickens win because of their nourishing poop.

Last edited:
Ahhh CWE, where all of your fowl questions get answered.

Here's something you don't hear every day. It looks like chickens win because of their nourishing poop.
:roflmao:

online poker--online reading cuz i can see it without straining my eyes into a seizure
fishing-- my grandkids--stone walls--
lol thats my whole life i think

At the moment any spare time I get is taken up building a new falconry mews for 3 of my birdies

That is cool you are learning to bake, I hear it can be quite the challenge but very worthwhile when you master the ability. Learning to paint is a huge stress reliever and I love to paint whenever. Though I could never figure out how to draw, once you get both down you can tons of options!

I always love training in martial arts when my body wills it. I train lightly and do that with friends and family. My fiance and I go antique hunting at times and find all sorts of cool things.

I'm just making cream scones today (my mum loves them) but i did some very tasty strawberry cupcakes recently, the topping tasted like strawberry ice cream :D

Martials arts is good fun, i did karate for a bit in college but stopped when i dislocated my ankle (falling off a dancefloor half an inch high on St Paddy's night!)

In my spare time I am a Beekeeper
I have 7 Hives which are sited on 3 different sites, one of wich is next to some Allotments.
As well as the relaxation and pleasure in caring for the Bees,
I also get to chat to the site owners, and to the gardeners on the Allotment.

Off course then there is the added bonus of the Honey :)

I watch Science fiction and horror movies, play video games, draw, paint, sculpt, learn to play the violin, listen to baroque music, read a lot of analytical philosophy and I think...constantly, actually I never stop thinking really I can't stop thinking I gave up trying to stop at some point and I have decided to enjoy it because stopping is impossible. I seem to just be hardwired for it. Actually everything else I do is really just an extension of my thought process which is constant and continuous. I don't sleep well because I keep thinking in my sleep.

Yeah...I probably should have just said "I think". that's not a very interesting post though.

Aside from the typical video games, listening to music etc., I am a regular badminton player and do enjoy traveling. I spend a lot of time with my students outside of class eating dinner and playing badminton with them.

I enjoy playing board games. Unfortunately, Fuzhou seems to lack a person with a board game night. I'd love to play some Monopoly right about now.

Back
Top Bottom