What's The Funniest Experience During A Seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Guys!!

Hope you all had a truly wonderful Xmas?! I just wanted to know if anyone objects to my quoting our funny experiences in my book? I won't name anyone I promise, I've dedicated one chapter purely to weird and wonderful moments that I've had over the years, and it's a bit of a tongue in cheek, middle finger up to the whole world! Let me know if you don't want me to? As I said, there will be no names mentioned.

I hope 2009 is a totally wicked year for us all, and that I get my book published, and find that elusive perfect job. I remain seizure free, and I could be driving in 11 months, hooray!! trouble is, I haven't got a bloody car! Mine has practically rusted away on the driveway, never mind, maybe I'll win the Lotto.

I really hope everyone on CWE is well and happy, lets have a great 2009, I'm due one, so, lets hope eh guys?! Keep your chins up, and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Lotsalove

Elaine xxxxxxxxxxxx

My middle daughter was ill one time and stayed home from school. She was probably about 6-7. So I stayed home from work since I did not feel that well either.

I was spending the day making a puzzle on a card table. At some point in the morning, I started to seize with a tonic-clonic. Needless to say the puzzle went flying all over the floor.

My daughter had never seen me seize before and was obviously scared. When I came around, one of the first things I can remember her saying was "I'm not picking that up! You spilled it, not me. I'm not picking that up!" referring to the puzzle.

After awhile I was able to talk to her enough to help me crawl to the phone and call for help (before we had a cordless phone and cell phones were not heard of yet). Everything turned out fine, but that is a story we still bring up once in awhile. She is 24 now.

Elaine, yes you may use my puzzle story if you wish.

Hi Hun

Good to hear from you, thanks for letting me use your story mate! I hope you had a great Xmas and that you are like me, looking forward to a succesful and hopefully happy new year?! I think I'm due a few smiles, although I've had a few lately, being seizure free is definately something to grin about!!

I hope that you are doing ok and your wobblers have been at bay? I haven't had a wobbler since Nov 5th!!! Well pleased I can tell you, I feel like a different person, I so hope it keeps up this time, I haven't even had an aura, and they were the worst part of E full stop!!

I'll let you know when this book comes out, I will do it if it's the last thing I do, half of it is on CD and the other half has to be added to it, I'll get there!

Cheers

Elaine x

Elaine, you will love this one ...

And why did my son have to 'remind' me of what
happened after the seizure and coming home!
::: shakes head :::

But sure Elaine, feel free to use the "Bathroom"
one because it's hilarious;

And here's another one but it's nothing to do with
having a seizure but rather an Ambulatory EEG!

IT IS A RIOT!

=============

While I was put on the Ambulatory EEG, just about
ready to go, and they realized they forgot something
and had me to wait in the waiting room in the ER
and since my son was a little one; he was there playing
with another kid with a video game.

There was another young boy, who kept staring at me,
and finally he mustered all his strength and came to
me and blurted out:

"ARE YOU PLUGGED IN?"

:roflmao:

Sharon,

I'm LMAO :roflmao:

THAT is too cute! :agree:

I've got one:

I went to the grocery store while having my ambulatory EEG. To hide the wires, I had wrapped my "cone-head" in a lovely red scarf.

Well, as I shopped, I forgot anything was different about me. So, I casually walked up to a woman with a baby about the same age as mine to make small-talk (in the south, everyone talks to everyone...even if you don't know them). ;)

Anyway, the baby stared up at me bug-eyed from the stroller and the woman just nodded and wouldn't make eye contact. I walked over to my husband and told him how strange and rude that woman was...after all, I was just being friendly! And what was with her bug-eyed kid???

My hubby stood grinning as I talked.

"Honey," he said, gently tugging at my wires, "You look like a red-headed Marge Simpson!" :roflmao:

Oh well, I've always found Marge Simpson to be quite lovely! ;) It's Homer who needs a makeover!:agree:

Love ya :)
Julie

Last edited:
Early on in my epileptic career I was heading north on the interstate(no one had told me not to drive) and had one of my c.p. w/ secondarily t.c. seizures. My tire tracks crossed the median, about a 75 ft wide gully, and crossed the south bound traffic. Somehow I came out of it with just a very minor fender bender against the guard rail.

My memory of it all starts with the state trooper standing in front me filling out the accident report on his clipboard. In my typical postictical state where I'm removed from reality I ask the cop if he could help me get my car turned around before he leaves. Assuming I'm joking he doesn't look up from the clipboard and says in a routine manner "don't go near the car." He then glances up and sees the disappointed and frustrated expression on my face and realizes that I'm dead serious about driving home. He takes me by the elbow and puts me in the cruiser. You may had to have seen the look on the cops face to appreciate this one.

Yes, Julie

I am regularly called "The Bride of Frankenstein" with my portable EEG when I have it on.....

Which is why I HIDE for those 4 days......

hmm most emabarising moment hmm thats tough one but 3 things that stick out are in 07 christmas service when was at church with friends i almost droped the lit candle a few times i knew i was very spacey but not whole lot coulda been done.Another thing is almost eating napkin at buffet (i still dont understand y and only known cuz was told). the last 1 was at another resturant i had ordered hot choclate to drink the waitress brought it i had spaced and not relized she brought the hot choclate so then i moved my menu to read it better and the hot choclate went every where. i knolw i always when i know my drink has been brought i move it off to side cuz i know i spill things my best guess is as she brought i had abesence so didnt know but is only a guess but i made mess but not all my fualt what kinda waitress sets it on a menu. but still embarsing for me cuz i spilt it for friend well cuz it landed on him and didnt look pretty.

oh my goodness getting dick out at supermarket you must felt mortified.i grabbed hold of a computer tecki once begged him don't let me go it was the panic aura.Another reason I well known in computer tecki area.i not remember which one so each one comes to house is embrassing.
Things like getting dick out I would not want to know or see if I bloke

I was having an MRI done last year. So I'm laying in the machine and I fell asleep in the MRI machine. Woke up having a seizure in the MRI machine.

Probably though the funniest seizure I had was when I spilled coffee on myself so I took all my clothes off and I'm still half out of the seizure and half back. I then realize "I'm nude" and everyone walks in. Thank God this was at home.

Gawd not want that on vidio..last couple days been very aware of sisterinlaw and friend talking to me very real they both died last year and i chatting away to them.i worked out perfect murder god knows why and she begging me not to do it...this worry if it e incase act out on it.i ok chatting with departed if that is case but think it e

I fell out of the shower having a seizure. Well I'm have back and still half in the seizure so I thought "I broke my cock I'm going to end up just like that guy in Seattle getting his penis fixed" (which did happen to a guy) I've always thought "Might as well have humor with seizures"

I've read that you don't have dreams while having a seizure. That's not the case for me.

I've only had two dreams during seizures and the first was far from funny but I wont go into that... I don't believe it was a dream anyways but a NDE

My somewhat funny experience... During my last fall out seizure I knew it was coming on seconds before it hit. I put my head down and suddenly I'm dreaming about SpongeBob. I don't remember what about but that it was SpongeBob. We don't keep cable and don't ever watch SpongeBob so it was strange haha.

When I came out of the seizure, like usual, I was insanely confused and kept jabbering about SpongeBob. It was good because my eight year old was in the car with us (the husband was driving) and was scared after seeing my body twist and my groaning and all, but once I snapped out in the middle of vomiting I was talking about SpongeBob which put her at ease.

I change my answer.

I had a complex last night while with my husband intimately. I didn't realize it until after the episode was over and the sound was echoing in my head and my husband was cracking up.

I was making a "mmmmmmmm" sound similar to what you would hear when certain women do the "mmmmmm girl no you di'int"

I guess you would have had to have been there but apparently I had the attitude sound to go with it.

I didn't realize anything was happening until I snapped out of it. It happened again a few minutes later and we laughed for a good five minutes

When I was 17... A long time ago. I walked up to a guy that was sitting out on the street and put my arm around him. LOL we hung out for the whole summer.

Got the best one ever years ago I had minor sz at airport coming home to uk everyone around me ..at at distance I saw saun connery at distance I could not get his name out I was shouting mr bond mr bond people standing around me commenting got concussion.Then a little old lady nearby got glimpse of him she started shouting mr Bond as well.two men in que comments couple of nutters on this flight they gone through passport control to late to come back old lady and me got his autograph then came through passport control.He signed it from SC 007 .just remember that as gold finger just come on tv.Jeeez he was good looking dressed in cut down jeans sandles t shirt with drop dead covered in diamonds blond on his arm and don't think it was his wife...I don't normally have good memory after sz and to others just looked like I fainted which may have been what happened.Just me and little old lady saw him others gone through to late for them and I doubt he wanted load of passengers from jet trying get autograph.It so long ago don't remember if sz or fainted

One morning I had a seizure and blacked out completely. When I came to and realized what I was doing, I was eating chocolate. I have always loved chocolate but I didn't know I was that bad. I can't help but to laugh every time I think about this.

Back
Top Bottom