You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

if you had a toy mri machine as a kid

prepara-wooden-toys-1.jpg

that is totally bad ass!

it reminds me of a shoeshine kit my dad has

LOL Petero,

... if you wake to the x-ray tech telling you she needs to redo some of the x-rays, because you had a seizure and fell off the table.

....the school bus driver can't finish her route because the seizure you had in the middle of the road scared two years off her life.
Sorry if these were duplicates

LOL pretty sure I've "duplicated" as well ;)

If when you're in a meeting and you pull out your phone for any reason, the entire meeting stops and everyone asks if you're alright. (I text a certain coworker when I feel an aura, so as not to freak out/disturb clients/others) haha

If your dentist ever looks at you a little hesitantly when he asks how you've been since your last visit

you have an imaginary forensic duo in your head to determine tonic-clonic motions, the optimist and pessimist to think through different bodily motions to see if you can get the cramps to align into the seizure constellation of pain

If while you are in the hospital they will not let you shower by yourself.
It's pretty humbling and a smidge embarassing!
Usually it's in the neurology ward which mainly has stroke patients (bless them) and the nurse automatically tries to help you bathe when really, you can do it just fine by yourself thank you very much.

OH my goodness! Dentist visits! They flinch everytime you make a movement because they know what happened last time! Too funny.

when rationalizing that instead of putting the spare change into the "money for the disabled" jar, by keeping the money you're just cutting out the middle man and doing efficiency a favor

lol good one peter, I never thought of it that way before.
I think you just saved (or made?) me some money; thanks!

If while you are in the hospital they will not let you shower by yourself. It's pretty humbling and a smidge embarassing!

LJ- really? To hell with that ain't no nurse bathing me. God you poor thing!
I would demand that I wait until my hubby get there and then he can do it; any chance they would have let you do that?

Just happened last week unfortunately. Mind you, I had just come out of a medically induced coma.
My poor hubby couldn't visit every day because he still had to work full time and look after the 3 kids so what's a girl to do. I thought the nurse was just going to be in the room while I showered safely behind a curtain but man, was I ever surprised when that proved not to be the case!
I hope it doesn't happen again, but next time I'll just wait till I get home to shower!
I think I may be overly polite! Live and learn. Ha ha!

That SO would have been enough protection, her just in the same room, talking with you every half-minute or so and watching for funny movements. Weeeiiiiirrrdddddd!!!!
I guess in the end all that matters tho is that you're home, you're safe, you're okay. Good good good!!!!

if you have to talk people out of waiting for the ambulance so you can go home home and get something to eat

You just had a grand mal, the paramedics arrive, and you grab a pair of pants and swear it goes over your head like a shirt, even though you're already wearing a shirt AND pants

it is kinda sad.

When always wear clean underwear, you never know when a emt or a doctor might see it.
actually becomes a rule of life.

Its not sad court, what if its a girl? Or what if you are going down the street having a cup of coffee or tea. And Bam! Shes the one and you know you have your clean underwear on.I like you court. You are so cool.

Oh you guys... how am i going to survive in court spacing out all over the place?Help. Does any body have any secrets when they look good but they forgot everything?lol

you keep forgetting what websites you've been to....umm.. thank you all for welcoming me to CWE... I'm glad to have found this site and hope to be able to mix in....

Back
Top Bottom