You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm so glad to have found this site... thanks for the warm welcome. this is my first post, but I thought a little.... wait....ummm... there's something vaguely familiar... nah...

You just had a grand mal, the paramedics arrive, and you grab a pair of pants and swear it goes over your head like a shirt, even though you're already wearing a shirt AND pants

lmao
I can see myself doing that during that paramedics:"sir do you know where you are?" timeframe

If you can spend 3 hours on a floor in the Uni's library and be okay with that lol

If you carry around a "seizure box" everywhere with things in it like gloves, BandAids, Neosporin, extra pills, gauze, superglue, and a sling.

i am ok spending time on a floor anywhere,
it is just who you spend the time with.

when a pair of thong panties falls out of your bookbag and you have no idea how they got there. at least they were mine lol :paperbag:

LOL crazychick that's hilarious!!

When the paramedics come in as you're waiting to seize (my auras give me maybe 10-15 minutes) and they say, "We heard the words "------ Uni" and "seizure" and we came immediately. Why? Because you're our favourite!"

when you're on your back on the floor at work checking a computer's RAM under the desk and you get at least one "umm are you ok?"

LOL Peter, same thing happened to me when I was lying on the floor stretching my back -- suddenly I had folks around me asking if I was okay. This was in my own home, mind you.

i have gotten similar responses while eating and thinking, stilling moving my hands to my mouth.

people worry when i get too quiet sometimes and thing i am seizing. I have to explain. i do like quiet times

I hate it - I'm like "oh- so sorry folks- I forgot- now if I need to shut my eyes for more than a fraction of a second I need to be repeating the 'I'm fine I'm not having a seizure' mantra"

I've had the same thing moaning with pleasure stretching my back on the floor. Now moaning with pleasure requires explanation "this is moaning in pleasure to stretch my back 'unggghh' can you tell how much pleasure I'm in? I'm again about to moan with pleasure because I'm popping my back. once again, this is a moan from pleasure 'uunnnghhh'. I am experiencing pleasure not a seizure. Can you tell how much pleasure I'm experiencing?"

I've got another idea- how about life just fuck off

Last edited:
If when you're looking through this for the "first time" and you start laughing because fresh new jokes are always amusing, and then you notice that you liked that post a few days ago....

When you realize its time to get an am/pm pill box because you think you just took your entire day's dose of medication at one time... but you can't remember... and you count your pills to try to figure it out, and are trying to figure out how you have an odd number of pills? :ponder:

Yeah, that just happened... If I start crying soon, I'll know why!

Running do you take Keppra? I've done that before- don't eat anything you like (I spent the entire night over a rubbish bin and let's just say I can no longer eat Walkers Shortbread biscuits...) unless you no longer want to like it haha

Take care of yourself!!!

If you've ever wished you could be conscious during a TC just go see the look on people's faces hahaha

consciousness during seizures, not fun, everyone always thinks that you can understand them or that you can make some RATIONAL sense out of anything that's going on. I had someone ask me once why I was making such a big deal out of having a seizure (while I was having one!!!) be careful what you wish for.

Seizurrific,

Yeah, I do take Keppra! I'm not feeling too terrible though - about the same as I felt when I first started taking it (which wasn't great, but manageable). Dizzier than I've been in a week or so, and a little out of it, but maybe it's placebo effect and I only took one dose instead of two?

I use a pill box for every day of the week, but usually I put both of my doses in each day, and just grab two in the morning, and two in the evening. This morning I just grabbed and took all the yellow pills and a couple others that I don't need to take with food (glucosamine) and didn't think about it... I realized afterward there was no evening dose left! I usually refill the box once or twice a week... In my most recent refill, I only put one dose in each section (I forgot to put in the second dose), but I can't remember if Saturday was left over from my earlier refill (which had two doses of the Keppra) or my later refill (which had only one dose).

And damn if I took two.... I just had some jalapeno string cheese. I love that stuff :(

...when the admissions nurse knows exactly what your insurance deductible is.

When you read all 50 pages of this thread and can relate to over 75% of them.

Back
Top Bottom