You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

gravity is no fun

itsdangerousoutsidethekitchen_5b73bc_3561289.jpg

...if you've gotten IVs again and again and have the tape residue on your arm to show for them, but not the memories

if you are saving the hospital armbands for Halloween costume

:-D

Court that made my afternoon :D

If you're waiting to have your ambulatory EEG for the same reason!!

(Hmmm...I am from the planet Keppra....our greeting ceremony may include the administration of holy substances kept in transparent orange bottles. Everyone sees masters who distribute such substances on a personal basis. Some become so overwhelmed by it all that we fall to the ground in thanks...this may look awkward. We do not recommend it. So great and tiring is this ritual that we may require aid, more substances, and long periods of rest....) LOL! ;)

if you read old messages and they include the line

(there were bunches of flashing lights, and the little epileptic on my shoulder told me it might be a bad idea)

but there was an angel in some movie I think Constantine, and she had hospital bands up her arms and it was epic, if not, there was an angel with a raver kid costume almost. it was just almost white with hospital bands instead of wrist bands. it was epic.

Court that made my afternoon :D

If you're waiting to have your ambulatory EEG for the same reason!!

(Hmmm...I am from the planet Keppra....our greeting ceremony may include the administration of holy substances kept in transparent orange bottles. Everyone sees masters who distribute such substances on a personal basis. Some become so overwhelmed by it all that we fall to the ground in thanks...this may look awkward. We do not recommend it. So great and tiring is this ritual that we may require aid, more substances, and long periods of rest....) LOL! ;)

rest? I thought it was space-time travel! I always end up in a different place at a different time

You spend the morning hugging your commode and are thinking things like, "Why am I drunk? I didn't even drink!", "I'm 99% sure I only took my meds once...", "How much of that actually got into my bloodstream and brain before I began vomiting?" then, after 5 hours, "Having a seizure would be better than this...."

...if you've ever climbed up on the counter at a Subway restaurant while trying to pay. (According to my hubby, they didn't know if I was crazy or robbing them). :pop:

...if you've ever come out of a seizure trying to figure out why everyone is so tall (or why you're suddenly so short), only to realize you're sitting in the floor at the mall.

...if you've ever eaten and thrown away the trash, with no recollection of doing so until your bank statement comes and reads, "Cookie Shop: $10". And then you wonder when and where you ate a dozen cookies.
(Hubby later told me that I bought the cookies and ate most of them myself. Gotta love post-ictal memory loss...and weight gain.) :noevil:

...if you've ever come out of a seizure trying to figure out why everyone is so tall (or why you're suddenly so short)

I hate that feeling

it's like my brain, in spite of having eqilibrioception (a brain's games word there it is - 16 letter starting with E!) doesn't realize at first that gravity has changed since the last time I had consciousness and it takes a few moments for it to kick in and figure out "hey you're prone on the ground and not sitting/standing anymore"... that is, if I gain consciousness more rapidly

seeing people above/"in front of" me feels so weird - like they're floating or something -
yet another reason I don't like seeing the blue man group (ala paramedics (in Dallas they're in dark blue uniforms)) magically appear in front of my face

You might have epilepsy if you want that purse....keeping pills inside a "pill" just seems brilliant to me haha :)

Wow...or if you have a seizure looking at the price tag- $6,995. *clonic*

Last edited:
If your first priority when you you get home from the ER is to find a knife to cut all the wrist bands off'

i have safety sheers in a home in the kitchen for that kind of thing

If your first priority when you get out of hospital is to wash tons of collodion conductant out of your hair....

breath in.....breath out.... yank and you always seem to forgot one or two of the stickers on your chest for machine until later on in the day.

Back
Top Bottom