You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Friend 1: "What happens if he has a seizure while we're out?"
Friend 2: "Don't worry, I am bringing my ipod with some mini speakers."
Me: "Wait, what? What good is that gonna do?"
Friend 2: "If you have a seizure, I'll put on some techno. So people will think you're an awesome dancer, and not freak out as much."
Me: "Ha ha... you're soooo funny..."
Friend 1: "Actually I think that's pretty clever."

This happened a couple weeks ago. :p

Friend 2 is a really good friend of mine. She's pretty laid back about the whole thing and doesn't stress about it very much. We often joke about it, and it doesn't bother me at all. :)

Friend 1 was more like an aquaintance. Don't really know him that well, and I've never been around him enough for him to experience my E firsthand, so he was unsure of what would happen if I did seize.

If everyone at work thinks you got a DUI because your wife started to drive you in.

On the bright side, explaining how you’re not a drunk segue’s nicely into raising epilepsy awareness. :)

2 Weeks after being released from your video EEG and you still have red dots on you forehead from where the leads were! Just my constant reminder of how disappointing that week was:soap:

2 Weeks after being released from your video EEG and you still have red dots on you forehead from where the leads were! Just my constant reminder of how disappointing that week was:soap:

how did it go? did anything come up?
I have the feeling that my doing it would end up a big waste of time - except for hospital room re-decorators, after my going for days/a week without a cigarette

isn't there an EEG phone app yet? har har har

Lets just say I did'nt produce what they were looking for. Oh well better luck next time.

when you wake up on the side of the road,

and decide to go back to sleep because you were comfy.

psychiarticcenter.jpg

"Just once I'd like someone to call me 'Sir' without adding 'You're making a scene.'"

Last edited:
You know you have epilepsy if
you have to check 3 times to make sure it was them sending you wrong item and not you ordering the wrong item online before sending them the email
you said you'd keep and eye on the laundry and you forgot about the laundry till next morning so yo never did switch roomates laundry from washer to dryer.
you say fudge useing a plate for lunch in dinner
you are asked what you want from fastfood place by roomate your response is uh and you have to think for 2 mins before can even come up with idea then takes anothet mintue to remember how to say niggets then another min and you know you want to try the newer sauce and can't remember for life of you what its called so settle for the 1 you usally get.
you gave tennos elboe frkm not tennis related things and sense its for elbow area know you had a seizure if its fallen to your wrist.

majormana, I love your attitude. You had me laughing out loud. Some people think i do this for attention.Hellllllllllllllp! I know there are other ways to meet men!

Back
Top Bottom