You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

When you realise you've just chain-smoked a packet of 10 cigarettes

When you go to get dressed for work and come down still wearing your pink sheep pyjamas (did that this morning)

When you rush to work because you're late, and then get there to be told that you're either two hours early or you weren't supposed to be there at all.

Oh yeah - the first thing you do in the morning is check for new bruises, and you realise you have enough to do a dot-to-dot and can make a really awesome giraffe out of them

Ok, so i may have exaggerated the last bit lol

Hey, Loopy. How bout when you're flat back on the floor, comming to, and think your dog is a giraffe...

Last edited:
Lol... I've sat in my room singing "I'm a little teapot" at 3am. Loudly. Dunno where that one came from!

Cinnabar - Is your dog spotty and with a really long neck? Could be that it's a giraffe pretending to be a dog :pop:

That's probably it. I live with a giraffe and don't even know it. After an episode, it's kind of like lions and tigers and bears. Oh, my! So, absolutely anything is possible! And my memory is so shot, I can't even find my ruby slippers...

I've been able to tell the Hospital staff where I am, the date, time, what stall of the ER I'm in, the city, province, country, hemisphere of the earth, the planet & galaxy! :bigsmile:

Last edited:
O.K. McGill! So where the hell am I?

Loopy, I think they are in the freezer! I hope they don't get frost bite...

Last edited:
Lol!

Hey, if not for laughter I'd run out of buckets for my tears. Wait a minute! I was supposed to be funny not deep. You want a laugh? Go to my Profile and find 8 year old Morticia with her little brother. I used to walk around the house in costumes to entertain myself. Notice my brother's expression. I often, inadvertantly, frightened him! :crying:

lol! I go to the store all the time fill up basket then put everything back and leave.
when you wake up Sunday morning and don't remember saturday and how you got home, but then find sand inside your ears.. has to be epilepsy!
I recall friends threating to call ambulance if I did not get home!

Hah! Sand in your ears! A good way to shut people down. matchu, were you playing in the sand box, per chance? Or building a sand castle on the beach? Or did you break an hour glass wanting to count the sands of time? What was matchu up to? But then I'm sure you don't remember...maybe you're better off?! We'll just hope the Sand Man doesn't visit you tonight. Better that you count sheep and make him disappear. I count giraffes!!!

I woke up wondering.... did that happen? should I ask if it happened? Am I a weirdo... that one I can answer myself. When I noticed the sand I knew I fell of the bench on my head! That part I remember and hearing "he's having a seizure!" Then someone mentioning calling 911.. I told them no I don't want any trouble.

You know you have epilepsy when another person has to tell you what your name is, who they are, where you are and supposed to be.
I can remember coming out of a CP not knowing we had just walked half way home! Tend to wander if already walking when a CP starts up.

Cinnabar said:
O.K. McGill! So where the hell am I?

I was simply telling you how I cracked up the ER staff when they wanted to know if I knew where I was. I gave them the whole 9 yards and they didn't anticipate it! :roflmao:

O.T., Cinnamar: you're becoming a bit more philosophical!! :D

Last edited:
Now...

I tend to get that way! I really should have consulted Descartes. He would have reminded me that "I am therefore I exist". What would Descartes say if he had Eplilepsy?

"I am therefore I find myself forgetting who I was in the first place." Ha! Not so simple is it now Descartes?
:idea:

Last edited:
I tend to get that way! I really should have consulted Descartes. He would have reminded me that "I am therefore I exist". What would Descartes say if he had Eplilepsy?

"I am therefore I find myself forgetting who I was in the first place." Ha! Not so simple is it now Descartes?
:idea:

Score! 1 point Cinnabar: 0 points Descartes

:agree::roflmao::clap::e::woot:

Always glad to get a point when I make one, now matter how silly. Though, I don't think Descartes is looking down kindly at me right now.

It's not Rene DesCartes! He was in Math with the Cartesian co-ordinates in Algebra!! I was thinking of ancient philosophers like Socrates, Plato & Hippocrates! Res ipsa loquitor! :roflmao:

Score: Philosophers: 3 Cinnabar 0 :roflmao: (J/K)!!

Back
Top Bottom