You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I know!! I was just having some fun with her! I DID say "J/K", I believe. :)

My 2cents :)

"I think, therefore I seize, therefore I am."

No wait...maybe...

"I seize, therefore I seize, therefore I am not."

On second thought,

"Live long and prosper!" (that may not be Descartes) :D

Your 2 sense makes common sense. Descartes is turning over in his grave. And if he could speak he'd say: I hear, therefore, I turn over."

Hey, there! I just read your poem. Check out the feedback! :woot: :woot:

I once wrote a poem quoting Descartes' words.

I'll post just part of the poem:

A great philosopher once said, "I think, therefore I am."
In the world of altered consciousness, am I damned?

I cannot think, therefore am I?
Or who am I, where am I?

The last verse:

Now that I'm in a full conscious state of mind,
let me take a moment to refine
the presumptuous philosopher's words, "I think, therefore, I am."
to, "Even when I cannot think, I know I am."

Cindy

Last edited:
We are giving Descartes a work out! I remember that poem on Our Page...Cindy.
I also recall loving your last line...

"Even when I cannot think, I know I am." I took this to mean that even though we cannot think straight after a seizure, we still manage to be grounded in self.

I loved this poem!

You know you have epilepsy when you wake up in the drivers seat of a smoking crashed car with the horn blasting and all you do is try to hit the snooze button.
image.php

anigif_car-crashes-into-apple-store-25803-1236185167-4.gif

Last edited:
Or you wake up in an ambulance wondering why the hell you're there and why your face hurts so much (airbags). :ponder:

Epilepsy & Latest Technology ....

You seized while on the web-cam with your buddy who
also has epilepsy and immediately falls asleep on them!

You lapse into a seizure and sends your buddy flying
somewhere (laptop with web-cam).

You actually have fun typing in *SEIZED* with your
buddy on the web-cam or you get jealous because one
is having an "E Party" without you!

You get to "boss" your buddy while they're seizing or in post-
ictal state. (Not to be mean, but to keep them safe)

:paperbag:

you know you have epilepsy when you

wash what you thought was caked shampoo from your head only to find it to be BLOOD. This did happen to me; i also did not know how the sofa got all that blood on it or why the bathtub was covered in blood. like a fool's fool i went to work the next day!:brain:

you know you have epilepsy when

you fall into a 10+ foot deep canal, wearing streel toed work boots, climb out, wander around for 30+ minutes and someone has to tell you fell in the water! again this did happen to me. i am no longer working, my choice, too many similar things had happened. i was slow but i did get the message, "you can not do the work you have one for the last 34 years.

You know you have epilepsy...

...when you think the hospital isn't really and everyone in there are spies trying to get you. I even texted my sister this and asked her to come and rescue me. :paperbag: lol

...when you think the hospital isn't really and everyone in there are spies trying to get you. I even texted my sister this and asked her to come and rescue me. :paperbag: lol

I know some people like that who don't have epilepsy.:banana:

You know you have epilepsy...

...when the kettle boils in lightening fast time - only to realise that perhaps you had just been standing there having a partial! Ahhh... ignorance is bliss at times - but at least I felt as if I got my coffee faster!

Edit: lol - I think I may have redefined the word 'espresso'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom