You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yeah really! I hope that you let them know that it was VERY inappropriate to have that kind of lighting around people with E.

you know have epilepsy

when you leave the house to walk your dog and you come home without her.

Last edited:
you know you have epilepsy if you have posted on this thread at least 10 times.:rock:

You know you have epilepsy when

You have a seizure in front of the TV & get frustrated trying to figure out how to minimize the TV picture with your remote until you finally figure out you need to minimize the window on your computer before recording the seizure.

Some of the other mothers might understand these...

You know you have E. when...
You wake up naked to the waist with a baby on your lap...and thought you were in bed.
or, These is a used diaper in the fridge and a bottle in the trash.
and I wasn't even tired that time!
Mother and children all survived infant hood, somehow!:oops:

You wake up to find your baby is somehow in his cot with no nappy on when all you remember is laying them on the changing mat....And all mine are still here as well!!

you know you have epilepsy if you find a empty dish in the microwave (i did it know it was me cuz i was only one home that day i dont know why or how)

Your kids accuse you of being high on something and it's just that you can't get 2 thoughts or sentences strung together~

This happens almost everyday and I can't convince them that mom has NOT taken up smoking weed as a past time... :rock::roflmao:

and when you are constantly told that you should be grateful you are not like ...... look it could be worse, but stating this makes me depressed!

When you make a brew at work and before you do, you unplug the kettle, turn switch off, go away for five minutes and leave it to boil, and then serve everyone cold coffee and tea.

And then you wonder why it's cold.

When you make a brew at work and before you do, you unplug the kettle, turn switch off, go away for five minutes and leave it to boil, and then serve everyone cold coffee and tea.

And then you wonder why it's cold.

lol... been there, done it, bought the t-shirt XD

...and leading on from that... I also boiled the kettle and then put my poured coffee in the fridge and the milk in the dustbin :paperbag:

I wonder how much of this I can blame on E though - and not my own stupidness :loco:

I wonder how much of this I can blame on E though - and not my own stupidness :loco:

I think the same! :woot:

I also put things in completely inappropriate places. Drinks in the glass cupboard, glass in the fridge sort of thing. Socks in the freezer, and my personal favourite - "tidying" the bird cage away.

Poor little buggers didn't know where their "house" had gone lol. It was under the dining table for some reason.

Blame it on the eh e ehe e e eh ee eer blame it on the e eh e ee ehe epilepsy. (said in singing rythym)

u know u have epilepsy when..
you get a new dog and one of the first things you do is lay down on the floor and wiggle around to see if the dog barks

or..
you go into the pharmacy and people in line start asking how u r because they remember u as the person who passed out the other day

you know you have epilepsy if you don't know how you got from the hall floor to your bed in your bedroom

You know you have epilepsy when your 13yr old daughter doesn't want you to go to their school play - in case I embarrass her if I become unwell :S Thanks honey :(

You know you have epilepsy when your 13yr old daughter doesn't want you to go to their school play - in case I embarrass her if I become unwell :S Thanks honey :(

HUGE hugs :(

Our kids have a way of being completely blunt about things - and tact isnt something that comes easily in the heat of the moment...

*hugs* right back - and thank you majormama and charliekins xx

Very true charliekins - kids just say it how they see it. She just needs to learn diplomacy and tact - something I have been working on with her... still hurts like hell though :-/ I didn't let her see me cry though (perhaps I should have done... hmmm I really wish children came with manuals!)

Back
Top Bottom