You start to feel old when...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I remember a computer I used once in college where the information was stored on a cassette tape!

Anybody remember "party lines" on the telephone. You could listen in to other people's phone calls. That was social. Plus the Tupper Ware parties. They were sturdy. We finally were able to afford a private phone. You could also call up for the time. I think the phone number was 411. That's gone now.

Antenna TV has made a comeback. We have it. We have a lot of channels and we do not have to adjust it when the weather goes bad. We just paid for the installation. After that it is still free. It is digital, too. Just like cable only we do not have to pay for it.

I remember when cable first came out. Everytime we moved, the cable company would knock on our door and asked if we wanted cable installed for free. We got free HBO, which had clean movies. Children could watch them. We always said yes to them and got free installation.

Last edited:
My grandma tells me all about when she was younger and had 'party lines'. Hope that doesn't make you feel old Ruth!

She said depending on how many times the phone rang meant who the phone call was for. Her and her sisters loved to pick up the phone when it was a call for someone else and listen in on the conversation!

My grandma tells me all about when she was younger and had 'party lines'. Hope that doesn't make you feel old Ruth!

Grandma told you...my grandma had one and so did we when I was little. I remember what a big deal it was to get a private line! I think that was in the mid or late 60's, not really THAT long ago...

Grandma told you...my grandma had one and so did we when I was little. I remember what a big deal it was to get a private line! I think that was in the mid or late 60's, not really THAT long ago...

Did you have to rub two sticks together back then to make fire too? :roflmao:

I can not believe how fast we're changing now. As a child (just 35-40 years ago) my grandfather would always express great anxiety about how things are changing so much, so fast now. He would say that things had always been the same for the his whole life. Wow that sounds so comforting, so reassuring. you always just knew what to expect. He talked about pre-interstate highways where it was unheard-of to ever marry someone from another town. People stayed and everyone knew each other. This is shocking to me. I always ask where people are from originally as almost no one grew up here in the Pacific Northwest. I grew up 3,000 miles from here, in the Maine coast.

She said depending on how many times the phone rang meant who the phone call was for. Her and her sisters loved to pick up the phone when it was a call for someone else and listen in on the conversation!

I am a grandmother, myself. My grandchildren have all grown up and are adults now. One is going to get married. I am 71 years old. Does that make me still young or getting old? :ponder:

That is NOT old Ruth. Congrats on the wedding of a grandchild. I can not believe i now am in the mid-fourties, is that the autumn of life? wow...

don't know if anyone mentioned this : The great Stingray Bike= it was the best,you could modify it in sooo many ways.
Also there were a lot of Drive-in theaters in my days.:rock:

I am a grandmother, myself. My grandchildren have all grown up and are adults now. One is going to get married. I am 71 years old. Does that make me still young or getting old? :ponder:

You're not old! My grandma always tells me once you hit 50 you start to get younger because that's when you 'go down hill' which means you start to loose years instead of gaining them :roflmao:

you start to feel old when

Some nieces and nephews are in there 30's and have kids of there own.

I never had any kids my nephew I helped raise is 37 years old.

I'm 52 yrs old.

you feel old when this makes you feel young,

funny-car-grandma-dancing.gif

I hope it did put a smile on someones face :p
not just mine

You know you're old when you fart with every other step (luckily I'm not at that stage yet!). I always told my grandma that it's gas for old people to help them move faster :roflmao:

I remember some of these being said when I was growing up lmao

How about pet rocks, mood rings, and cb radios? :D

And do you remember when the vertical or horizontal hold would go out on your tv and you had to go to the store and get a new vacuum tube?

@Bluecat- my dad was a computer programmer back when no one knew what that was :D We had those punch cards all over. A little later, he had a modem that you hooked up by sticking the phone receiver in. And the funky noise the dial up made...lol!

Back
Top Bottom