I'm so new

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisstyna

New
Reaction score
Hi...I'm 25, I am going to faculty and not a native speaker of English. I had a crises Grand Mall 2 years ago. I also used to fell when little. My question is if untreated epilepsy can lead to psychic problems. My problem is I can't react when offended (I simply feel too bad to be able to react), can't socialize, can't do my homeworks on my own, can't have fun, can't keep a relationship. Because I couldn't focus I quited school two years ago, but now I came back. All of these lead to some kind of depression. I am also terrified of the possibility that I will not be able to work because of my illnesses. Please help me with advices

Hi Crisstyna - Welcome to the forum. Your english is very good. I can't write that well in any other language.

Are you seeing any doctors for your seizures? I think any medical condition can cause some psychological problems if left untreated. If I understand you correctly you have difficulty standing up for yourself? My daughter has had similar troubles.

Where do you go to school? Do they have programs for special needs? They should be able to set up a plan that is special just for you. I can certainly understand the symptom of depression. I don't have seizures, my daughter does, and I get depressed over the situation. Does you school have some sort of work study program where you could get some work experience?

I hope you find some answers here, as there will certainly be a lot of suggestions.
I hope you stay a while.

Welcome Crisstyna!....

Glad to meet you!
:rock:

Hy again. Thanks a lot for your remark. I've been studying English a lot and even reading articles in English. I seen two doctors, but I think it is my fault I didn't go to see them periodically. And no, I don't have difficulties standing up, I wanted to say I was fainting when I was little, but no so often. Even though, it's not normal for a child to faint, is it? I go to school in a technical university, I study computer sciences, and hopefully I will become an engineer. They don't have programs for special needs. I live in a country not so well developed. My psichological problems don't have a certain cause. My parents and my sister are healthy from this point of view, I have enough money, I have my own apartement, I am not ugly, I can get along well with my family and so forth. Until now I took Carbamazepine, Gabapentine and Depakine. Maybe the doses were not big enough or maybe the pills were not the right ones for me, but I didn't noticed any improvement.

It might be suggested that the medicine is making you feel a bit out of sorts.
No I would not think it was normal for a child to faint. If my child were fainting I would work very hard to find out why. My daughter has a friend that faints at certain times of the month. Do you think that your blood sugar level is correct?
It does appear that you should be talking with a doctor to see if they can help you sort out your troubles.
Have you ever attempted changing the foods that you eat? I have read many times where certain foods can change behavior.
I think you will be very successful with your studies. It is a good field for people that have social difficulties. Just don't forget to balance your life occasionally.

Hi Crisstyna, welcome to the forum. :hello:

If epilepsy is untreated, it can lead to worse seizures - including intensity, type and frequency.

Some epilepsy medications are known to affect moods and temperment. Everyone reacts to them differently though. It's a bit of trial and error to find a solution that gives you the best quality of life - balancing seizure control and side effects.

There are some non-drug options out there too. See the chart linked in my signature for ideas.

Welcome

Hi Crysstina,

Welcome. Your English is amazing! I wish I could converse in another language!

In terms of your drugs, talk to your doctor about the side effects. I am just about to switch drugs. They don't seem to control the seizures all that well and I have to admit that I find that I have trouble completing a thought - started when I started taking the drug. I am hoping that this will stop or at least be reduced when I start taking the new drug.

Best of luck

Maureen

Hello! :hello:
Maybe your fainting problem is due to your heart. I have spells where I faint. Maybe your Blood pressure is dropping. Are you drinking enough water? Maybe you should see a cardiologist. Sometimes people get seizures and fainting spellls mixed up.

Hi crysstina,

I'm sure you'll find all the answers you're looking for on here, and from your Doctor's off course.

Welcome aboard.

PS. If you hadn't have mentioned it, I would have said you WERE naturally speaking English....it's very good. Can I be nosey and ask where you DO originate from ?

Hi crysstina nice to meet you. You're english is not bad at all, pretty awesome!! People hear are so full of advice and know a lot so I'm sure it'll help. Talk to you're doctor and make sure you tell them what you're feeling.

Krista

Hello!

You're so nice people here :)
I'm from Romania. This in reply to someone who asked.
I went to a doctor in a private clinique on Saturday. She told me to take an EEG and some analysis of blood. But I don't know the results. I couldn't do them on Friday because the asystant at EEG was not on duty and I ate in the morning, so doing the blood analysis would have been useless. But I'll do them (both) in the mornig, tomorrow. Wish me lock !

You're so nice people here :)
I'm from Romania. This in reply to someone who asked.
I went to a doctor in a private clinique on Saturday. She told me to take an EEG and some analysis of blood. But I don't know the results. I couldn't do them on Friday because the asystant at EEG was not on duty and I ate in the morning, so doing the blood analysis would have been useless. But I'll do them (both) in the mornig, tomorrow. Wish me lock !

Best of luck with the EEG crisstyna. I hope all goes well for you ;)

Good Thoughts for Crisstyna

I am looking at all the new friends that you made here so quickly, Crisstyna. You are not alone. You are so cute worrying about your English! I have learned in my short time on this site that we all speak the same language. Best of luck on your tests.

Nothing wrong

My blood analisys are ok, my EEG is ok. I was sent to see the psichiatrist. That's worse than epilepsy :(

I agree!....

When I did it a few years ago, the 'doctor' said I was someone with 'depression'??? Those who know me thought that doc was a quack!

Lots of tests and findings that make no apparent sense for me......I thought it was a huge waste of time.

Hope you get better results!!!!
:agree:

for Speber

I didn't understand what you meant with your last post. Can you explain please more explicitely and in a literal manner? Don't forget I am romanian.:idea:-> i need one or more I understand you were taking an EEG and the doctor said you were depressed. I am really depressed. And I am not depressed because I took the EEG. I have my own worries, I dislike to talk loudly about them

Last edited:
Crisstyna, I understand that you are depressed now because you were hoping for more definitive answers from your medicals tests. Sometimes it is a process to discover what is happening in your body. Maybe they suggested a different approach- a psychiatrist-
to look at your symptoms in a different way. It does not mean that what you are experiencing is not real.

What are your other options? Can you get another medical opinion from someone else?

Do you have friends to gve you moral support at this time?

Warm thoughts to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom