I'm so new

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hello: Crisstyna

I understand Romanians. I am going to try to type
this simple.

1) Did the Doctor only do just one EEG and that
was all?

2) Do you know that you cannot make a decision
based one just one EEG?

3) There are many people who have Epilepsy who
have normal EEG before they even ever get a
seizure or abnormal EEG ever captured!

4) There are several types of Epilepsies that just
do not show up or rarely shows up on EEG:
a) Frontal Lobe Epilepsy
b) Deep in-brain Seizures (where grids are having
to be used)

5) Can not your parents appeal for a second
Doctor to have another EEG to be done or
another exam performed?

6) If your cardiac system is cleared; is the Doctor
sure?
a) Do you ever feel like you are about to
black out when you get out of bed real
quick?
b) Do you feel like you are about to faint
if I told you to jump out of your chair
very fast?
If you answered "YES" - then there is circulation
problems, your blood is being drained - from your
head. This is why I posted #5 above.

I am aware Romania is a 3rd World Country and
you are in a dilemma. Is there a Hospital that your
parents can take you to side-track the Psychiatrist
appointment to get you off the hook?

Is there a way you and your family can flee from
the Country to another Country so you can get
Medical Help properly? Once you get to the
other Country - go to the Government and
request Amnesty. If all possible get to Switzerland
if you can.

What is grid? I've made tomography and RMI already. Never heard of grid....The doctor was sure that I have nothing if she sees fine results at EEG and RMI. She told me nothing about blood circulation, if I go to a cardiologist, how should i expose the problem, and what exams should I expect to be done? I went to a private hospital, payed lots of money, because if i go to a normal hospital they don't care about you, they just want to receive some good tip, and get the next patient in, to get another tip, and so on. Romania is the no 1 corrupted country from EU.

PS: I'm feeling thery normal person, without psychic problems, I just sleep too much and I am tired thery often. And yes, I avoid to make quiq movements. It happenned some time ago to have multiple black-outs when getting up from the bed. Advices?

Last edited:
The doctor was sure that I have nothing if she sees fine results at EEG and RMI.

EEGs can confirm epileptiform activity if they record it, but cannot rule it out if it fails to record it - it just means that you didn't have any at the time you were tested.

MRIs are used to look for physical abnormalities in the brain (tumors, scar tissue, cysts, etc.).

There are many people with epilepsy who have had clear EEGs and MRIs.

... I just sleep too much and I am tired thery often. And yes, I avoid to make quiq movements. It happenned some time ago to have multiple black-outs when getting up from the bed. Advices?

Stacy had this pattern before. She is also borderline hypoglycemic (problems with blood sugar). You might try eating a very small snack (*no* simple carbohydrates) right as you go to bed.

If you don't live alone, have someone check your temperature and blood pressure when you wake up - but before you get out of bed. Track this for several days. It might give your doctors a clue to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom