10% off neurofeedback training for CWE members - Austin, TX
Neurofeedback Partner - Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Our House > The Foyer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 05:11 AM
New Here

is this TLE? please answer.

hi ,

my symptoms in the last 6 months are as follows.

1. i get old memories for 2 to 5 secs out of nowhere.this happens around 5 to 10 times in a day.are these simple partial seizures?
2. stereotyped thoughts even without consciously thinking about them.nothing scary though.
3. electric current like sensation across my brain during nights

my mri,ct,eeg and blood tests are normal.the neurologist i consulted is one of the best in india.he says it is sensory focal epilepsy. i am on tegritol now.
do any of you get similar symptoms. i am asking this because i don't get dejavu,hallucinations etc which are classic temporal lobe epilepsy symptoms.

warm regards
nagendra
Old 01-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator / Even Keel

Thanked 1,234 Times in 954 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Nagendra,

Welcome to the forum! I am glad you found us.

Diagnosing seizures is really hard. Partial (focal) seizures can feel different, depending on where they are in the brain. The brain-buzzing you describe could be seizures, or head injury.

No worries about the seizures not showing up on an EEG. At least 30% of people's seizures don't.

How are you doing on the Tegretol? Are you up to a full dose yet?

Old 01-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator / Thank You Queen

Thanked 7,324 Times in 5,407 Posts
Hi Nagendra, welcome!

If the Tegretol helps, that could be one possible sign that you do have as seizure disorder. The recurring old memories suggest that something may be going on near the hippocampus (an area in the brain that plays a big role in memory storage and retrieval).

I would ask your doctor for more info about why he thinks the temporal lobe epilepsy diagnosis is likely, and whether there are other scenarios that might cause your symptoms.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:42 AM
New Here

Thank u very much for replying endless and nakamova.

I started Tegretol only a month back.My symptoms haven't changed a bit.Even I am suspecting a head injury as my symptoms started after I fell from my bike.But the fall is not big and I didn't land on my head when I fell.Can I get those stereotyped thoughts if it is head injury?

nagendra
Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Your Host
Recent Blog: Oh poop

Thanked 2,290 Times in 817 Posts
Hi Nagrenda, welcome to the forum.

I don't recall seeing anyone describing symptoms like those before. Diagnosing temporal lobe epilepsy is a bit trickier than that though. One thing I can tell you - no two epilepsy cases are exactly the same. temporal lobe epilepsy (or other "official epilepsy diagnoses") can present very differently from one person to the next.
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

Would you like to help support this forum?