is this TLE? please answer.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

nagendra

New
Reaction score
hi ,

my symptoms in the last 6 months are as follows.

1. i get old memories for 2 to 5 secs out of nowhere.this happens around 5 to 10 times in a day.are these simple partial seizures?
2. stereotyped thoughts even without consciously thinking about them.nothing scary though.
3. electric current like sensation across my brain during nights

my mri,ct,eeg and blood tests are normal.the neurologist i consulted is one of the best in india.he says it is sensory focal epilepsy. i am on tegritol now.
do any of you get similar symptoms. i am asking this because i don't get dejavu,hallucinations etc which are classic TLE symptoms.

warm regards
nagendra

Nagendra,

Welcome to the forum! I am glad you found us.

Diagnosing seizures is really hard. Partial (focal) seizures can feel different, depending on where they are in the brain. The brain-buzzing you describe could be seizures, or head injury.

No worries about the seizures not showing up on an EEG. At least 30% of people's seizures don't.

How are you doing on the Tegretol? Are you up to a full dose yet?

Hi Nagendra, welcome!

If the Tegretol helps, that could be one possible sign that you do have as seizure disorder. The recurring old memories suggest that something may be going on near the hippocampus (an area in the brain that plays a big role in memory storage and retrieval).

I would ask your doctor for more info about why he thinks the TLE diagnosis is likely, and whether there are other scenarios that might cause your symptoms.

Thank u very much for replying endless and nakamova.

I started Tegretol only a month back.My symptoms haven't changed a bit.Even I am suspecting a head injury as my symptoms started after I fell from my bike.But the fall is not big and I didn't land on my head when I fell.Can I get those stereotyped thoughts if it is head injury?

nagendra

Hi Nagrenda, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I don't recall seeing anyone describing symptoms like those before. Diagnosing TLE is a bit trickier than that though. One thing I can tell you - no two epilepsy cases are exactly the same. TLE (or other "official epilepsy diagnoses") can present very differently from one person to the next.

Back
Top Bottom