A few personal pictures taken on our trips

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Here are a few places that my wife and I have been

637297-R1-047-22.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

PyramidandSphinxRevised.jpg

DSC00030-1.jpg

MachuPichu3.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

These are just a few. Can you guess where they are? :pop:

Um...Is it Arkansas?

Just kidding. You sure do get around! Very cool!

All in Texas!....he he he...

those are great! You lucky dogs!
:rock:

How exciting! Those are some great travel photos. I bet the memories are even better.

1. Red Square, Moscow
  2. Nepal? Mt. Everest?
  3. ???
  4. Sphinx/Egypt
  5. Great Wall, China
  6. Machu Piccu, Peru
  7. Angkor Wat, Cambodia

I really want to see Machu Piccu in person. It seems like such a surreal place.

Bernard, you got'em all except Potala, which is #3. Potala is the real home of the Dalai Lama.

Yes, they all have great interesting stories to them that we will never forget. My favorite trip, is the Tibet trip. On that trip we visited Chengdu (where the earthquake happened) then on to Potala and from there to Mount Everest.

In Chengdu, we visited the famous Panda Reserve and even got pictures with a baby Panda curled up in our lap. Potala is GREAT and extremely religious and historical. On the way to Everest, crossing the Himilayas, we visited one of the highest lakes in the world, Yamdrok Lake. Also, on our trip through the Himilayas, our guide drove us along roads right on the edges of the cliffs. The lanes are BARELY wide enough to fit 2 small cars, all the while it was snowing so bad that we could only see about 10 feet in front of us. The guide kept driving about 60 mph! He knew that road like the back of his hand or we would not be here today. When we got to the second base camp of Everest, the one in the picture with the Stupa in the foreground, my wife had a tremendous headache because she could not handle the thin air at that altitude. The building you see behind the Stupa is a Chinese guard station. There have been revolts there before. The tents are at the second base camp of Everest where climbers spend about a month getting used to the altitude before deciding on whether they should climb the mountain or not. On the way back, after crossing through the Himilayas again, we stopped on the side of the road to eat a sandwich. The land just looked like flat praires perched at the top of the mountains with the peaks on both sides. Once we sat down, we noticed people coming out of the hills....coming towards us. After 15 minutes or so, about 15 sherpa women had gathered around us just staring at us while we were eating. The guide told us that these sherpa women tended to the sheep and sometimes would not go home for 3 or 4 days. We were their highlight of the month.

I could say so much more about that trip alone, like the story about the head monk touring us around one of the most important temples but that is long one too. Let us just say that we learned so important lessons about some of the people of the earth.

And, finally, I will just say that that is only one place with an extremely edited version of what all happened. There are so many more....sooo many things that I never thought I/We would ever, ever get to do in our lifetimes...in our dreams. Travelling is what we do and there is so much more to come. Let me just say that things are not always what they seem, even in the places that you think you have everything worked out....like Paris....ladies.

Oh, I forgot to say, Bernard, that if you do visit Machu Pichu, make sure that you can handle handle high altitudes because it is gives many people headaches as well. Also, make sure you are a very good climber because there is no nice trail all the way to the top....much of it you have to, practically, mountain climb ... which makes it even more memorable. :lol:

Some great pictures. Both the sites and the picture angles.

I missed 3 and 7. I had 7 in Thailand. Sound like great trips.

Most of my significant trips have been cruises to the Caribbean. Their is actually a wide range of cultures around the Caribbean. On the cruise ships themselves, you can meet staff from 50 countries. Most of them are proud to tell you all about their home countries.

We took each of our daughter's as they graduated high school. A special trip for each of them before they moved on to the real world.

Okay, but I'm out if a basketball pickup game starts up with some locals...

...and they wanna play 'old school rules'.
:paperbag:

I love those pictures. I have family in Moscow. My sister-in-law is from there. And my brother took russian studies. I have been invited to go to the farm land . So have you had the Russian Vodka?

Awesome, yours is starting to look like
my parent's album!

:tup:

Where y'all heading next?

I do not remember ever having Russian vodka. Is Grey Goose Russian? If so, then I have had some. I was never really a vodka person, rum and whiskey was my style but I raaaarely drink anymore.

We really have not decided where we will go next. We may skip a "tour" trip this year and only go to see her family in Hong Kong.

As far as where we might go next, we are debating. So far, when have been many cold places and I am getting tired of that. We have been to Scotland, England, Russia, France and even Tibet when it was cold. I am ready for some heat although we have been to alot of hot places too. I guess I am just a heat person.

Also, most of the places we have been so far have been tours with real focuses on pictures, videos and notes. We may go back to some of these places some day just to party there. :lol: Maybe some places in the tropics and just lay around and enjoy the white beaches, the crystal clear water and the palm trees....a peaceful beach hopefully and not one with a lot of tourists. We may find some out of the way places for those.

Heat X-Treme Factor?

I am ready for some heat although we have been to alot of hot places too. I guess I am just a heat person.

<sarcastic> Can I sell you a one week vacation package
trip in HELL? </sarcastic>

:roflmao:

Kidding aside ~ have you ever considered maybe jotting
down to Fuji? New Zealand? Australia? During the Winter
time up here (but Summer down there?)

:woot:

Actually, I have seriously considered Australia but never really considered Fiji or New Zealand. I will have to do some research on those places.

My fingers and toes go numb at 69 degrees. Now that is heat deprived.:)

LOL no I don't think grey goose is Russian. ha ha. It is almost like its own wine. Its very smooth. Good for colds. lol My brother and his Kids just got back from the Cancoon Islands . Oh I wish I could have gone there. India or the Fiji islands would do. I guess Illinois and New York will have to do for me this year.

Try Aruba. Very unique of all the Caribbean stops we made on our cruises. Except for one sad story that the media went nuts over, this seemed like an extremely safe and friendly island. So beautiful and below the hurricane paths. A constant breeze from the east has given it a very rocky east coast, an inland of cactus desert, and a west coast of GREAT beaches and resorts. We are considering taking a trip there vs a cruise in the future.

Back
Top Bottom