Football World Cup 2010

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Me, too.

Some of my UK friends are regretting the names they called me the other day...

Hehehe. It's all in good fun, though. I'm having fun watching this. :pop::pop:

Holland-Cameroon 2-1 :woot:

Makes 9 points out of three matches and brings us as group winner against Slowakia next monday (at 4 pm here, when I'm working... might get a peep on my pc there ;))

They did so well today, sending world champion Italy home
(Bye bye France, bye bye Italy :clap: ) so we may not underestimate Slowakia!

Great job Holland! Awesome to see Italy go out. Congrats to Slovakia.

I've always liked players from Holland. Especially Davids, Overmars, Bergkamp.. and of course Cruyff and van Basten.

USA-Ghana 0-1 in the first few minutes, too bad for now :( let's see what this game brings for you.

Ghana 2, USA 1. :( Well, it was a good run while it lasted...

They were too tired in the extra time period. The lack of conditioning was evident.
I'm glad that we are a much better team than we were 30 to 40 years ago.
Wait till next world cup.

Well... (or not so well...) die Mannschaft has humilliated England this afternoon: 4-1 :(
Let's hope the Dutch get a chanche to get even, we can only meet the Germans when we reach the finals. Tomorrow against Slowakia and if we win, will Brazil be next?

Let's forget about the goal decision, Germany played basic and comfortable football and England - what a joke, time for a performance related pay perhaps for the Premier League?

Who are people rooting for now?

Let's forget about the goal decision, Germany played basic and comfortable football and England - what a joke, time for a performance related pay perhaps for the Premier League?

There was uproar here about that disallowed goal, despite the fact that england still would have lost 4-2 if it had been allowed.

I'm gonna have to check and see who's still in and then pick a team lol.

In the absence of an Irish team in the world cup - thanks, Henry - i am rooting for either Brazil (their flag is very similar too the Northern Ireland Football Association flag) or the cote d'ivorie (A backwards green white and gold lol)

Oops, couldn't go back and edit this - it's not brazil's flag thats the same, it's someone elses.

Their football strip is the same colours, thats what it was >.<

Argentina. And Holland. I'd like to see Messi win the world cup.. best player in the world..

I'm sad about England. But they didn't play well the entire tournament, they didn't deserve to go through. So I think the disallowed goal shouldn't be an issue, it's not like they played awesome and lost on a bad decision.

Although goal line technology should be implemented regardless.

Yes :wave: they did it!!!!!!!

Holland-Slowakia 2-1 (shame for a penalty in the very last second of extra time), we're playing the 1/4 finals next friday against Chile or Brazil!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx for cheering with us Nak & Chris. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the posts everyone, much appreciated!! Always nice to have a little natter away from other issues :)

Dutch-mom, you appear quite happy recent success!!! :banana:

Congrats! keep going who knows how you'll do?

On the American coverage I keep hearing Premier League mentioned in relation to England losing. I don't get it because it's not like the League is only English players.

My team the US lost because they are to slow and lost on defense. I root for Argentina not only is Messi amazing but Maradona is fun to watch as a coach.

You should see all the jokes i'm being sent through text about the england team haha.

As expected (although expectations and reality don't match this championship for many big football counties) it's gonna be... Holland-Brazil on friday... they did beat Chile with 3-0 tonight.

Holland-Brazil, exciting!
In 1998 the Dutch won 2-1 from Argentina in the 1/4 finals, then we lost the semi finals against Brazil, we got 1-1 in the very last minutes and penalties made us loose... 2-4

This 2010 championship the only two goals against the Dutch team were... both penalties.

Chris, Loopy, Steve, Monkey, all Dutch people rooted for England yesterday (was considered the match of the week here in Holland, except for our own of cause.) Just like the Italians and the French (or perhaps a bit more), we would like to see Germany go home. Too bad England didn't make it happen.

Last edited:
Brazil-Holland - it's going to be a great game! I wish I could get off work. Looks bad calling in sick on a friday though. lol.

Go Holland! I've always liked van der Vaart, I wish he played for Liverpool. (my favorite team). Also Heitinga, then Everton bought him.. :( Liverpool could do with a player like him on the team!

Anyways. I think they can pull it off! Maybe facing Uruguay in the Semis?

Have any of you seen the nike "write the future ad" ? everyone on it has lost. it's jinxed

Netherlands 2-1 over Brazil! The Dutch move on to the the semis!

Yes Nakamova!!!!! What a game it was, 2-1, we've just send Brazil home!

6ADCED6292238CBDACF31EA917C955.jpg

Tonight we'll know or it will be Ghana or Uruguay in the semi final.

Back
Top Bottom