How to stay young

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Here are some inspired ideas by George Carlin on how to stay young. I think they’re brilliant. Now if we could all manage to do this, maybe we would live a little longer!

"Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.

Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever, even ham radio. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's family name is Alzheimer's.

Enjoy the simple things.

Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keep sakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND, ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!"

Last edited:
:e:

Hi Phylis,

Thank you for the wonderful thread, 'On How to Stay Young', that was so great to read. I love it and hoping others do too. I'm sure some will. Keep up the good work.

Once agan thanks!!!

Miss Choccy

Susan

:e:

I'm really good with the numbers one. I never want to know how much I weigh. I always look away when the dr puts me on the scale and tell them not to tell me what the number is. I've got how much I want to weigh in my mind so that's how much I weigh!

I am always laughing too. I drive people crazy about it. But I figure I'd rather be laughing than crying.

You know

I honestly believe, that you are only as old as you THINK you are. I truly believe that attitude makes all the difference in the world.........and George Carlin had one of the best.

Thanks, Phyllis.:bigsmile::bigmouth:

Phylis, that's an extremely interesting article. Thanks for sharing it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom