Need prayers for my dad - has cancer

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
I just got a phone call from my dad. He has lung and throat cancer and it is inoperable. One lung is collapsed and the other one is not functioning well at all. This type of cancer is called small cell cancer and spreads fast. He said that what he found on the Internet, it goes to the brain also. He will have to go through Chemo. He sees his Oncologist next Friday and will have more information then.

We don't know how long he has.

Please pray for a miracle.

Oh I am sooo sorry! We all can hope and pray for the best outcome.

godbless.jpg

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I'm just not ready to let him go yet.

It's the same kind of cancer a friend has. Here's wishing the the best to both you and him.

I will pray for your friend also. I researched small cell cancer and found out that it is extensive because it has already spread to his throat. The information said that only 6% of people with this kind of cancer live for another 5 years.

godblessyou.jpg

Tinasmom,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. That has to be tough. I really hope everything turns out the best. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

You will

most DEFINITELY be in my thoughts and prayers!

Hopefully the Chemo will be of help, and get rid of it............

Laura - I'm so very sorry about this - what a painful, difficult time for your entire family. I'll be holding you in my heart and my prayers.

Dear Laura

You have been challenged twice in two weeks. Please take care of yourself by leaning on others when you need support. You know we will be here for you.

God Bless your father and father-in-law in their battles.

Our thoughts are with you!

:e:

Best wishes for your father Laura. Those are tough cards he's been dealt.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost mine to canser 7 years ago. He had melanoma. I'll keep you, your family, and your Dad in my prayers.

I Hope All Goes Well For Your Dad when he goes in . Please Keep Us Posted & Our Prayers Are With You & Your Family . DAVE

For your Father and Family

Holy Omniscient, Omnipresent Omnipotent Lord, I ask thee to please hear the prayers, please and cries of my friend and her family. Lord please hear the prayers of the others in this community. Please allow your Holy Spirit to intervene in the matters of her Dad. Allow your spirit to comfort them in this time of need. Let your healing grace be given to them at this hour please? Jesus we believe and realize that you died for us so that we may live. Almighty and everlasting Father, please allow the love of our Savior Redeemer and Lord Jesus Christ to have mercy on us, and tough the souls of those persons whom at this hour of time need it.
Lord you are never too busy to spend time with the sick and those afflicted with pain. I ask you to continue to show mercy upon the ill persons and comfort them in your presence. Sustain them in their moments of discouragement. Grant them Lord relief from their pains if it will be for their good. Bless those whom are assisting the ill persons and those of the persons family whom to the best of their abilities are trying to make better the lives of those suffering. Grant healing Lord Jesus, bless them with patience and understanding, and release them from their sickness which holds them captive. Watch over their loved ones and preserve them in faith. This I pray in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen! Amen again. We thank you Lord for your love and kindness.

K.G.Knight. "Your Friend in Christ, and Servant of the Lord."

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. I will keep everyone updated.

God bless you and your family, put your faith in Him and he will be there every step of the way. I will add ya'll to my prayers and add to my church's prayer request too.

Much love and hugs,
Jennifer

Hi tinas Mom
Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope the chemo will help. My prayers are with you & your family.

Laura
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time

I am so glad that I found this forum. I'm beginning to believe that this is God's gathering place for all of his angels on earth. I am so blessed to have all of you angels in my life.

I take solace in the fact there is so little I know.

It gives me great hope.

My family's prayers are with you Laura.

Sincerely,
Speber
:rock:

Update on dad's cancer

I talked to my sister this morning, she went with my dad to the Oncologist Friday. The good news is that his cancer is limited and not extensive. He will be going through some more tests on August 5th and talks to the doctor again that day. He will be doing Chemo and Radiation treatments. The Radiation should keep it from going to the brain, from the info I have read on the Internet. Thank you so very much for all your prayers.

Back
Top Bottom