Coping With Epilepsy International Society for Neurofeedback and Research
Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Our House > The Lounge

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Weaving the Community Fabric

Random

Yesterday I had a headache and actually felt like I'd had a seizure but, if I did my fiancé didn't notice, so I'm not sure if this is Epilepsy or seizure related.

I woke up this morning and went down to make a coffee and when I reached over to turn on the coffee machine I realised my hands were covered in blood! I looked down and realised my shirt was also covered in blood, I was thinking WTF did I do in my sleep last night....... That's when I noticed a big gash down the side of my thumb. I have no idea how I managed it, despite the fact I was covered in blood there is nothing in the sheets and there's nothing in my bed or in my room I could cut myself on anyway........ It's just random and my fiancé said I actually slept quiet soundly last night. It's bizarre and now I have a sore thumb
None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Esteemed Pillar of the Community

eeeeeew maybe you did it when making coffee but unaware cos still in sleepy state...i go round the house see what sharp,do ya think it the coffee cup itself.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Weaving the Community Fabric

Yep eeww indeed, the blood was dry..... So it wasn't 'fresh' enough to have done it in the kitchen and I hadn't actually touched anything in the kitchen apart from the coffee machine. Its just bizarre.
None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Esteemed Pillar of the Community

stigmarta
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator / Thank You Queen

Thanked 7,333 Times in 5,416 Posts
I agree with cazzy -- maybe there's a sharp edge somewhere in the house (that you scraped yourself on. (It could be anything -- the underside of a chair, or the edge of a cabinet, a razor in the bathroom). And it's definitely worrisome that you can't remember how or when it happened.

During one tonic-clonic I kicked in the glass front of a cabinet and cut my leg. It took me awhile to figure this out, since I "came to" in the laundry room with blood on my leg and no obvious cause. Eventually I discovered the "scene of the crime" with the broken glass.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator / Thank You Queen

Thanked 7,333 Times in 5,416 Posts
I agree with cazzy -- maybe there's a sharp edge somewhere in the house (that you scraped yourself on. (It could be anything -- the underside of a chair, or the edge of a cabinet, a razor in the bathroom). And it's definitely worrisome that you can't remember how or when it happened.

During one tonic-clonic I kicked in the glass front of a cabinet and cut my leg. It took me awhile to figure this out, since I "came to" in the laundry room with blood on my leg and no obvious cause. Eventually I discovered the "scene of the crime" with the broken glass.