Random

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a headache and actually felt like I'd had a seizure but, if I did my fiancé didn't notice, so I'm not sure if this is Epilepsy or seizure related.

I woke up this morning and went down to make a coffee and when I reached over to turn on the coffee machine I realised my hands were covered in blood! I looked down and realised my shirt was also covered in blood, I was thinking WTF did I do in my sleep last night....... That's when I noticed a big gash down the side of my thumb. I have no idea how I managed it, despite the fact I was covered in blood there is nothing in the sheets and there's nothing in my bed or in my room I could cut myself on anyway........ It's just random and my fiancé said I actually slept quiet soundly last night. It's bizarre and now I have a sore thumb :(

eeeeeew maybe you did it when making coffee but unaware cos still in sleepy state...i go round the house see what sharp,do ya think it the coffee cup itself.

Yep eeww indeed, the blood was dry..... So it wasn't 'fresh' enough to have done it in the kitchen and I hadn't actually touched anything in the kitchen apart from the coffee machine. Its just bizarre.

I agree with cazzy -- maybe there's a sharp edge somewhere in the house (that you scraped yourself on. (It could be anything -- the underside of a chair, or the edge of a cabinet, a razor in the bathroom). And it's definitely worrisome that you can't remember how or when it happened.

During one tonic-clonic I kicked in the glass front of a cabinet and cut my leg. It took me awhile to figure this out, since I "came to" in the laundry room with blood on my leg and no obvious cause. Eventually I discovered the "scene of the crime" with the broken glass.

I agree with cazzy -- maybe there's a sharp edge somewhere in the house (that you scraped yourself on. (It could be anything -- the underside of a chair, or the edge of a cabinet, a razor in the bathroom). And it's definitely worrisome that you can't remember how or when it happened.

During one tonic-clonic I kicked in the glass front of a cabinet and cut my leg. It took me awhile to figure this out, since I "came to" in the laundry room with blood on my leg and no obvious cause. Eventually I discovered the "scene of the crime" with the broken glass.

Back
Top Bottom