amazing

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ditto that

well I hope at least the EMT was attractive, or you might have gotten in trouble with your wife :banana:

yeah- the pain, the confusion, the brain-mumble, the disorientation...
I sent this to family and friends to explain what it's like but still there is no way anyone could understand just from an audio/visual perspective

I adore this video - very close to the real McCoy. What they leave out ( or represent sort of comically with the 'spaghetti' comment) is how twisted comprehension and your world is post-octal -for example my last TC back in June the entire ambulance ride I spent talking to my wife callin her 'baby' and 'babe' about how I didn't know the year, my name, the president and how I didn't know where I was - for a good long 20 minutes to the ER(I had hit my head on balcony) and I finally realize at the very end after the EMT makes me aware of it it was not my 'wife' with me in the ambulance but another EMT - I couldn't identify my own WIFE post-octal!!!

I adore this video - very close to the real McCoy. What they leave out ( or represent sort of comically with the 'spaghetti' comment) is how twisted comprehension and your world is post-octal -for example my last TC back in June the entire ambulance ride I spent talking to my wife callin her 'baby' and 'babe' about how I didn't know the year, my name, the president and how I didn't know where I was - for a good long 20 minutes to the ER(I had hit my head on balcony) and I finally realize at the very end after the EMT makes me aware of it it was not my 'wife' with me in the ambulance but another EMT - I couldn't identify my own WIFE post-octal!!!

Awww.... :( I'm always afraid if someone asks me who my kids are .... I won't know.. :( maybe they already have but no one is telling me to save my feelings.... I don't know...

Awww.... :( I'm always afraid if someone asks me who my kids are .... I won't know.. :( maybe they already have but no one is telling me to save my feelings.... I don't know...

I've had similar feelings like someone intends to save my brain from perception overload about sensitive things and has hypnotized or brainwashed me in some way - I'm not sure how to process that

I've had similar feelings like someone intends to save my brain from perception overload about sensitive things and has hypnotized or brainwashed me in some way - I'm not sure how to process that

OMG... I know! Seizures are scary in EVERY LAST SINGLE MANNER!!!! Life, death, health and family

yeah- the pain, the confusion, the brain-mumble, the disorientation...
I sent this to family and friends to explain what it's like but still there is no way anyone could understand just from an audio/visual perspective

Isn't it something. I had a T.C. alone in my basement a couple months ago and by the time I found my way up the stairs to where the bf was I got into bed and started calling him by my two best girlfriend's names. For about 10 minutes it was as if it was me and my gals in the room and I kept telling them they had to listen to me as I thought I should go to the hospital.
Later on he told me and tho I remember bits and pieces of it I was still pretty shocked, and sorta apologized for not recognizing that it was my man I was in the bed with. (lol guess it's a good thing tho that I wasn't calling him by the names of my guy friends...).

Isn't it something. I had a T.C. alone in my basement a couple months ago and by the time I found my way up the stairs to where the bf was I got into bed and started calling him by my two best girlfriend's names. For about 10 minutes it was as if it was me and my gals in the room and I kept telling them they had to listen to me as I thought I should go to the hospital.
Later on he told me and tho I remember bits and pieces of it I was still pretty shocked, and sorta apologized for not recognizing that it was my man I was in the bed with. (lol guess it's a good thing tho that I wasn't calling him by the names of my guy friends...).

Lol... yes..its a really good thing!!

Thanks for posting that first video Pete. I wish people knew to not restrain a person after a seizure. I'm really afraid I might hurt someone because I'm a fighter. I upgraded my informative wallet post-it saying "do not restrain me", but by judging from the other video, my wallet might not be around for very long.

I was at the dentist the other week having a filling replaced. At one point I opened my eyes, saw three faces staring down at me and I had a seizure flashback. I almost jumped out of the chair. For a second I didn't know if something had happened. It always the worst to slowly wake to a crowd of people around you.

Back
Top Bottom