Anxiety with Keppra?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AmberD86

New
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you who are on Keppra have experienced anxiety problems with this medicine? And if so is there something my doctor can give me that is safe to help me? I go Wednesday and have many issues I wanna talk to him about with this medicine.... I used to have pretty bad panic attacks in college and I am starting to feel that way again .. and it's not fun! You guys have been a major help so far. In input would be appreciated =)! Thanks! :eek:)

Keppra can definitely cause anxiety. It seems to lead to general moodiness -- anger, depression, and yes, panic & anxiety. Have you tried taking a B6 supplement -- it might help.

It can vary from person to person -- it might take a few weeks. Are you able to sleep at night? If you're not getting enough sleep that can make things worse.

There's also the possibility that Keppra isn't the right drug for you if the side effects are unbearable. Definitely talk to your doctor to see what your options are.

I dont know if i'm in the right bit but lately my daily tremors have been getting alot worse normally it's just in my hands and arms but for the last week or so it's been full body tremors but i'm not blacking out or anything can someone help i can pick up a cup with out it shaking like mad i'm just worried that this is a sign for a full seizure heading my way

Call your doctor -- let him/her know that your symptoms are changing or getting worse. You may need to increase your dosage. And take care of yourself -- make sure you're getting enough sleep and proper nutrition.

thanks for that it's getting a bit scary when you cant control them know what i mean

How much Keppra are you on? Yes, keppra can do strange things. Definitely call your Dr.

I wish you well
joan*

Well I had another appointment and they put me on lamictal and still on the keppra .. hopefully going to taper off it though because i was still having seizures during my sleep. I am pretty happy with this next part of finding the right medicine because I have heard a lot of great stuff about the lamictal.... Thank you guys soooo much!!!!!!!!!!

well I've made an appointment for next week my normal gp knows all my epilepsy background and she's really good makes me feel at ease all the time and i know i can talk to her about anything so fingers crossed she can help thanks for advice it's great to have a place where lots of other people know what you are going through cheers guys xx

Back
Top Bottom