Anybody Get Their Meds By Mail?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if any of you ever get your meds by mail. My employer just changed the prescription plan so in order for me to get a 90 day supply of my meds my Dr. has to send out the info. to the co. and if they approve of it they will send them to me in the mail. I'm not to happy about this especially since I'm paying a higher rate for health ins. this yr.
If the insurance co. doesn't approve of the drug or me getting the 90 day supply I can't take the med anymore and of course this means more seizures.
Another thing that bothers me is the co. that my employer picked to handle the perscriptions has a $15 billion lawsuit on them for not giving people their med after they have paid them and other drug co. are going after them. Also they have over 2000 complaints from people who have to deal with them.
Right now I'm a little scared of what may happen on down the road. Thanks for your time and help and May God Bless You!

Sue

I get my meds by mail as it is the only way my employer based health plan will provide a 90 day supply of medication. That said, I've never had any problems with the medication arriving on time or any issues with approval, as long as my Dr. submits the refill request properly an on time.

I actually enjoy this method of receiving my meds as it is far more convenient to have the next 90 day supply show up in my mailbox rather than having to go to the pharmacy to pick it up. So, it works for me!

I used to get mine from Aetna pharmacy. My biggest problem was that a lot of my meds
came broken tablets. Lamictal usally was the worst. That was one of the biggest reasons I don't do that anymore. The pharmacy (Walgreens) I've been using for years
is familiar with what I take and just down the street if there's any issues.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your help. I was told by the co. that I can pick up a 90 day supply at my pharmacy because they are controlled substance. I hope they are correct. My Dr. just reordered them so we will find out by July 10th. Wishing you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

I used to get mine by mail. I was always worried that the stuff would be stolen off my porch, (or carport where they used to leave it).
It never happened but then I'm disabled so home most of the time.
I really didn't like it. Plus it's hot here much of the time. That's not good for pills.
I liked Walgreen's because there is one close to me, except sometimes they wouldn't have the pills ready when they were supposed to.
Now I have Cigna insurance. They have their own pharmacy. Of course they are much farther away. But then again many times I can get the stuff as I wait.
There seems to be no ideal situation.

I get my meds by mail -- it's required by my health insurer. But it's worked well for me —they send email reminders to me about re-ordering, and they're the ones who will contact my neuro when the rx needs refilling.

Hi Topcat,

Just like you I don't care for meds coming in the mail. I was told that they would send them to my pharmacy because they are controlled substances and a couple other scripts I take have to be kept cold or they will melt and do me no good. If all goes as I hope they will continue to send me a 90 day prescription to my pharmacy.
Thanks for your help and time. May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Nakamova,

It sounds like you and I are in the same boat my employer changed over the prescription plan and day after day I keep getting e-mails about them being refilled even after I told the co. that I don't need anything refilled right now and how their co. told me they couldn't send a controlled substance in the mail. Personally I'm not to happy with my employers decision. I even found out this co. has $15 billion in lawsuits from other drug co. and over 2000 complaints from people who have to deal with them.
Wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Two angles from me:

1. I used my wife's insurance at her last job, which forced me to buy my medication by mail form them. It was an absolute nightmare. The customer service was poor and they made mistakes. Their mistakes almost lead to seizures.

2. I now work in a specialty/full service mail order pharmacy. What I have observed of our customer care is the complete opposite. If there is ever a mistake, and they do happen, it is dealt with promptly. This company has truly gone out of the way to take care of their patients.

It can go either way.

Hi Sper,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to stick to my ins. because my husband is retired.
I'm wondering if you may have had to deal with the same co. that I'm going to deal with.
Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I got opinion of American health system cruel being one of the objectives

Back
Top Bottom