Anyone wake up and not know the day of the week?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sjconner

New
Reaction score
Yesterday I woke up and had no idea what day of the week it was. I had to wake up my husband and ask him. He is a hard sleeper and wakes up slowly. I kept asking him "What day is it!" I knew that if it was a week day, I needed to go to work. I knew everything but the day of the week. This has happened before. I always wake up quickly and am fully awake. Except for not knowing what day it was, yesterday was no different.

Susan

Always!!!! I always have to check my phone. Its a creepy feeling isn't it. :(

I love my weekends! So most of the time I know exactly what day it is when I wake up, and how far it is to the weekend, and whether I get to sleep in...

Many times after I've had one of my simple partials, even in the middle of the day, I suddenly will have no clue as to the date or day. It's a scary feeling. I pretty much have to look at my cell phone to get reoriented. Just a few days ago I had a fairly strong partial and when I went to write the time of it on the calendar I had no idea of the day. I had to ask my wife. In retrospect I shouldn't have because that kind of freaked her out. We aren't always thinking that clearly at seizure times, however!

I wake up every morning telling myself what day of the week it is. Sometimes I dream about telling myself what day of the week it is???????
M

Yes, and it happened today. The guy that cleans for me called to said he was running late but would be here soon. I asked him why he was coming out. I think he thought I was nuts since he cleans every Thursday.

Except for a few occurances here and there, when I wake up, I always know what day it is. I hope it is not seizure related. About a month ago, I added Tegretol. I haven't had any complex partial activity. Even the bugs on my skin have given way to fairies dancing on it. I was hoping that the tegretol and lamotrigine combination was going to work.

My husband was recently laid off. Since he's home every day now, instead of just the weekends, I have no clue what day of the week it is.

I usually forget what day it is when I'm not in my regular routine eg - when I was on holidays over the Christmas period I kept forgetting what day it was.

MAB,
I would keep my laptop open too but I have this cat who thinks if its open its her bed. So its always closed if I am not at it. lol

I wake up not knowing the day of the week, the date, the month, the year, and often confused over whether it's day or night. It takes a few minutes to get oriented. A look at my cellphone helps. It has an app that has day/date/time displayed as wallpaper. I never used to be like this. I don't know if it's the meds or what.

I've even shown up for work a couple hours early. Sent a report to my boss. Finally realized what time it was and sent him another email that I was mixed up about the time and went home until it was time to start work. I don't know what he thought but he never said anything about it.

I've even shown up for work a couple hours early. Sent a report to my boss. Finally realized what time it was and sent him another email that I was mixed up about the time and went home until it was time to start work. I don't know what he thought but he never said anything about it.

He was probably happy! I'm sure he'd rather have your work done early instead of late.

Most of the time I am oriented when I wake up. Once I woke up and thought I was still in the dream. I didn't know anything. I just laid there until my brain finally got it sorted out. Kinda scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom