Brand name only-Mysoline

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Macie2994

New
Reaction score
I have been on Mysoline since the age of 12 and I am now 37. I have been seizure free for 15 years. My insurance is now making me pay amcillary charges up to $395.00 per month, because I am unable to tolerate the Primidone. Are there any others with this same problem? I am attempting to get the Mysoline added to MO Consolidate HC formulary list. I would appreciate any comments. Thanks.

I've had this problem. Primidone (Mysoline) is a stonger form of phenobarbitol. while it works for some people, it doesn't work for others. Have you been to see your neurologist about a change in Rx? I know they're prohibitively expensive, but you'll hacve to see what generic drugs are available & covered by your insurance co.

From what you described, you have now "tolerated" the primidone (tolerated = reached) to the point in your life where it no longer is effective enough to do its job.

Have you

tried having your neuro write a letter to your insurance agency explaining your need for the Mysoline, and that the Primidone is just too much for you? That might help out a lot.

Back
Top Bottom