Break up

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

davidmc

New
Reaction score
My gf has broken up with me but it's my own stupid fault.
In December my stepdad died and due to all the messing about and a manslaughter charge against the care home and hospital, we still haven't been able to have his funeral. My mum is heart broken obviously. My Lamotrigine was increased due to complex partial seizures. I said some mean things to my gf: I wasn't coping and accused her of not being supportive enough instead of just saying "I need a hug". So I took it out on her, blamed her when she is not to blame. She has had a lot to cope with this year, a lot of health problems and losing the voluntary job at ordsall hall she loved so much. As well as a change of carers and not doing dog walking at manchester dogs home and volunteering at animals in distress. I realise now I should have supported her more. We had been together for six years nearly six and a half and now I have buggered thatvall up. I love her so much and am so sorry I upset her. I woul do anything to get her back, she means the world to me.

Hi davidmc,

My parents were together for 41 yrs. and my father walked out on my mom for no reason and moved in with another woman. It was hard on my mom at first but she forgave my dad and now they are still friends but divorced.
Give it some time and then give your girlfriend a call and sit down with her and talk this out the best way I've found to a relationship is communication and trust. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thanks. This week just goes from bad to worse. Just got back from my friend Nat's (Danielle my girlfriend or ex gf unfortunately.knows him) and witnessed a cat getting run over on the road then running and collapsing down dead.
My mum's had a test at the doctors and they have found something and want to see her quick.
My sister lost her money out of her pocket.
My "friend" (Gary not Nat) had sent Danielle some nasty messages and lied. Also discovered he is a thief: caught him going through my money box (money had been going missing for a while but didn't want to believe it).
I know I didn't show it often enough but I love Danielle (gf) and always will. She is the girl I want to marry and hope that one day I will.

Maybe eventually you can say to Danielle the things you've said here. You can't control how she will respond, but being open is a good first step to mending your relationship -even if it means you end up as friends, or get closure.

You're due for some good luck! Fingers-crossed it shows up on your doorstep soon.

Thanks Nakamova. I managed to tel her a lot of the things I wrote above but she is having none of it. It hurts so much especially as it was so unexpected because we promised each other that we would talk before we split up and also that we would never sleep on an argument. I love her so much though.

Last edited:
davidmc

It is not easy the situation you have got yourself in as you have said yourself but you have made a good start and considering how much you Love her you still have a lot of making up for. It is easy to blame yourself but considering all you have gone through it really is not surprising, the only thing you can do is keep trying.

My gf really doesn't want to know. I just needed some support and lashed out on the phone,all I wanted was to be listened to and now I've lost her.

david, can you ask your other friends for support? It's important to find ways to take care of yourself as you grieve the loss of the relationship.

davidmc

I am sorry, I may have seemed uncaring or something. What I am really trying to say is in times of stress as you are we tend to lash out at the ones we love and we can hurt them a lot more than we think so we really do have a job to make up for what we did. So even though your gf doesn't want to know right now all you can do is keep trying and take the good advice Nakamova has given you. Unfortunately we have to learn by our mistakes and sometimes you just wonder but we have to keep trying.

You would be surprised just how much you are listened to even when you think otherwise.

We are just being friends for now. I still love her though obviously, can't switch feeling off just like that.

Last edited:
At least we are talking now though. I am going to fight for her, she is worth fighting for,never felt the same about anyone before.

Yeah I can ask friends for support but one friend hasn't been very supportive at all and Simon and Nat (Nathaniel) have been very supportive but they can't do a lot of days. So apart from that got no support. This break up was the last thing I needed after everything in December and this year, already wasn't coping before this.

david, can you ask your other friends for support? It's important to find ways to take care of yourself as you grieve the loss of the
relationship.

Back
Top Bottom