Brief sea sickness in the head feeling?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CathyAnn31

Big Smile
Reaction score
The last few days I've had something I've never had before. It kind of feels like my head all of a sudden leans a little to the left, but if it does it's pretty slight. A weird dizzy sensation, almost like sea sickness without the weird, uncomfy stomach queasyness. I'm fully aware when it happens.

It lasts about a minute, maybe even less, and has been happening frequently.

Anyone know what it might be? :ponder:

I used to get that feeling a lot when I got nystagmus, when my med levels were toxic. Usually, the feeling would start out as you describe, then would get worse and be continual. I'd be very nauseated, unsteady on my feet, and have that sick dizzy feeling in my head.

I also had partial seizures a couple of years ago that sounded very similar. I was able to tell the difference because with the med toxicity, the symptoms only got worse. The seizures, though, were about the same each time and were self-limiting.

Best of luck to you!

Have you had an ear infection lately or been sticking anything in your ears? :loco:
Maybe it’s something to do with your inner ear, but I would think the symptoms would be longer lasting. This is why no one pays me to be a doctor.

Does your epilepsy have a history of simple partials?

One of my SP's is a sea sickness feeling with extra nausea!! If it gets really bad, the world gets dizzy and dark. A few times I have felt it try to go Tonic Clonic but I have been able to fight it off. But this is a tangent, sorry.

Thanks guys.

No history of simple partials. But my head is a little stuffy. I'll take a benedryl today and see if it helps.

Back
Top Bottom