"Bulging Disc" - more was found in the CT scan!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Stinkpot

New
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this, but what's a bulging disc? Several weeks ago, I got a CT scan for a kidney stone and they found one. But just today I get a letter stating I also have a "bulging disc" Ly - L5 of the spine. I have no idea what this is.:ponder:
I don't have any back pain nor have I ever had any spinal injuries and what not.

How dangerous is a bulging disc? What are the symptoms? How is it developed? Could this be the reason why I have seizures? Can it cause paralysis or an increase in my seizures? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help, I really would appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Stinkpot

Hi, Stinkpot,

You may want to see a sports medicine doctor or an orthopedic surgeon about your bulging discs. Some people have them and never feel a thing, some people have them and are debilitated by them. I have one in C4/5 in my neck and it really hurts, and I have one in T3/4 in my back and I don't really feel it and it doesn't cramp my style at all. I'm seeing a pain doc for the one in my neck.

If they aren't bugging you, don't worry. They come in all degrees of seriousness, from not at all, to "time to take care of it."

Like Endlesssea

I have them as well. Do go see a doc about them to see what the deal is, but at this point, if they're not bothering you, they probably aren't too much to worry about.

There are different levels of bulging disks--some are just beginning, some are a bit more advanced and can be stopped/intervened by using different types of therapy, and others do require surgery--especially if they do badly trap a nerve and start to cause major damage.

From the sounds of it, yours are just beginning, but I would consult with an orthopedic doctor about them and go from there. Now take a deep breath on the count of three, and let it back out on the count of three.......and again......

Take care,

Meetz
:rock:

Thanks for the info guys, and sorry for the late post. I just look at pictures of other people's discs and other problems I may have because I'm so worried. Both my neurologists say I'm "paranoid." I'm sure I'm one of the worst patients ever, lol.
I don't know what my seizure activity is caused by so I try to figure things out by what I can only guess. Ya, I admit, I am a bit paranoid and think the worst.

Great article

Mr B. All of which is sooooooooo true, and all of which I've done over the years. I still have some of that BioFreeze. I LOVE that stuff.......

Back
Top Bottom