can seizures change as years go by-just asking

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jyearta

New
Reaction score
I keep thinking back - I remember have deja vu as a child, didn't know what to call it.

In my teen years my seizure mostly came when I was going to sleep.

It wasn't until I was 19 that I was diagnosis.

I was in late 20's my seizures came whenever and wherever.

Don't know.

Yes -- they can alter with aging and the changes that brings in terms of lifestyle, metabolism, hormones, etc. In addition, untreated seizures can change in nature and frequency if the brain gets in the habit of seizing.

I was curious if auras can be different-mine used to be bad smells and auditory hallucinations and now its anxiety and tactile feelings-Im wondering if these are maybe non epileptic happening.does anybody else continue on with frequent auras and emotional symptoms even though they are on meds? My doc seems to think this is impossible

I never remembered the deja vu before and now I get scattered events of it that dont lead to a seizure

I didn't known auras was a seizure.

I have been around othe people, who say it feels like they have been here before, etc. So I just thought everyone has deja vu, theirs were not followed by a seizue.

I don't say anything, I wouldn't want to scare someone who is not have a seizure.

Most people experience deja vu very rarely -- in those cases it's not an aura, and not a seizure, just a funny feeling.

For those who experience deja vu due to abnormal brainwaves, it's considered an aura. For some people it might be a migraine aura. For others the aura is considered a simple partial seizure. (It's confusing because migraines and seizures are related and can even overlap).

Yes, for me, my seizures have changed since Ive aged. Having seizures as an infant and child, I was having grand mal and complex partial seizures. My last grand mal being in 2000/2001. I had since been on Carbatrol and Keppra since the age of 18, so the past 12 years or so. This year, I had my first VEEG and was taken off the Carbatrol and kept on the Keppra XR. But during the VEEG, I was having simple partial seizures, and no grand mals. I was aware of what was going on during them, unlike before, when I had complex partial seizures I wouldnt be aware of what I was doing during a seizure. As far as my auras go, I get a really sad feeling that overcomes me. I get a feeling of confusion, kind of like Im "out of it" and my head then turns to my right, my body starts to get a numb tingling feeling on my right left side, which works its way to my right side as the seizure goes on. My body starts to jerk on the right side. Im aware of whats going on the entire time.

I dont even know if what Ive been having is deja vu-last week a brand new show was on and before every scene appeared,I knew and told friend exactly what they would be doing-only the visual part because i had no idea the actual dialogue,lasted all through show and I had been feeling off all day.Now I barely remember watching the show.But my do seems to think if my symptoms arent consistent,they cant be auras.But I think this whole temporal lobe issue is all weird feelings for me anyway regardless if it leads to a seizure.Ive heard of painless migraines and their symptoms,but mine hit me within seconds and disappear-nothing lingers although it feels like I have them all the time,but there is definite stopping and starting

Back
Top Bottom