Cancer

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I just found out today that I have breast cancer. They told me that the type is invasive ductal carcinoma, the most common type. I'm still in stage 1 but right on the border line of stage 2. I'll be seeing a surgeon on the 20th and she'll be able to tell me more about it.

I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with cancer and having epilepsy? Did the epilepsy effect it in any way? Did the meds effect it in any way or did you have to stop taking some or have them changed. I'll probably get more information about these things when I see my surgeon and talk to my neuro about this.

I just wanted to see if there was anyone who might be able to tell me what I might have to expect. I know everyone is different though so just because it did or didn't happen to you doesn't mean the same for me.

valerie, sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with breast cancer. I hope your treatment goes smoothly. I think there are a few people on here who have had breast cancer, if I remember from previous posts. Hopefully you will get some good info!

Valerie
Sorry to hear about your cancer, good luck with the surgery & treatment

Valerie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer, my prayers are with you. I've had a lot of family with cancer and 2 with breast cancer. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Valerie,

I'm so sorry that you have cancer. My mother is a breast cancer survivor. She had it over 20 years ago. Hope everything goes well.

valeriedl

I am not going to pretend I understand how you feel but things will be ok and everybody is routing for you. Sorry I cannot help you with your question.

There are many survivors of this disease these days and treatments are always advancing so try to focus on the positives, although I know it must be very hard and even more so with epilepsy too. Why is life so unfair at times?

Thanks a lot everyone!

There are many survivors of this disease these days and treatments are always advancing so try to focus on the positives, although I know it must be very hard and even more so with epilepsy too. Why is life so unfair at times?

I always try to stay positive. I'm not the type of person who will sit in the corner and cry about things. If I get sick or start to have more seizures because of any of the treatments I have then it's going to happen, deal with it. I'm not telling myself if these things happen what will I do! I think my family is more worried about this than I am, especially my husband. They all keep saying "Why can't you get a break!"

I have a very good friend I can talk to if I would start to get upset or worried and by the end of the conversation we'd probably have each other laughing about them. I don't know how many times we've made each other feel better about things when I know no one else would. If I started throwing up a lot she'd probably tell me to tie a bucket around my neck that I can throw up in so that I don't have to always run to the toilet. If I started having more seizures she'd probably tell me to wrap myself in pillows to make sure I don't hurt myself. Hope those don't sound rude but that's just the way we are. She's already told me that she'd donate some of her boob to me if I'd need it because her's are quite large! :roflmao: (Hope some of you are laughing too!)

Back
Top Bottom