citalopram

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hand of Blood

Stalwart
Reaction score
please help! I started taking them on Saturday, straight away I felt drowsy and sick I been getting this everyday since I started! it has also made my auras worse than ever! I feel like im stoned! anyone else get any of this on this drug???

please help! I started taking them on Saturday, straight away I felt drowsy and sick I been getting this everyday since I started! it has also made my auras worse than ever! I feel like im stoned! anyone else get any of this on this drug???
I don't get any of that on this drug. Most anti depressants can lower your seizure threshold. I would speak to your doctor about the side effects your having.

Ive had citalopram before but i had to stop it as it made my seizures worse :( ... This was a few years back but it made my seizures worse ....i know when a normal person without E starts it they can feel sick all the time and suchness

its crazy I couldn't sleep last night at all and I was so restless, ive never had that b4 ever! this drug seems a nightmare whats worse they wanted me to change my keppra to vimpat at the same time no way in hell!! will have to see the doc bout that.

I have been on it for a couple of years now - i remember the first 2 weeks being horrid but once i got beyond that point it has been fab ever since, really worth stick it out if you can

I take citalapram.It doesnt do much for me. But Its better than when I didnt take anything. I think its time to add something with it. Even just vitamens.

My doctor would'nt put me on any off the newer types off anti-depressents,due to the reasons above that they can lower your seizure threshold including Citalpram,so i am on the older type.I think i pm'd you HOB about that a while back.

Although i do know someone who is not an epilepsy sufferer,and they say if they miss a dose of Citalapram they feel like crap.I just suppose it's different strokes for different docs.But i would see your gp as soon as possible and tell him the way you are feeling.Hope it all works out for you.

its crazy side effects from it, im scared I haven't slept right in 2 nights I may start having sezures, I had one of the biggest auras last night ive had in a long while!! I want to stick it out but I don't want to have sezures and ive just had auras everyday since taking it ill maybe have to go up on one of my aed I guess.

I would go and see your gp and explain to him whats going on,there are plenty other anti depressants that you can try.It just may be Citalpram does not suit you.Better seen your gp before you start screwing around with your seizure medication.

HOB,there is a thread in the Loft called anti-depressants and seizure thresholds that might be some intrest to you if you have not read it before.

Back
Top Bottom