Depakote Sprinkes Vs. Depakote ER

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pnal

New
Reaction score
Is there anyone who has taken both of these and might be able to tell me the difference in terms of side effects? My son has aggressive behavior with the sprinkles (4 125 mgs/day) about 1 hr after taking the medication. After 4 or 5 hours he's more like his normal self.

I've read that depakote ER releases slowly and it comes in 250 mg tablets that are taken once a day. I thought if this is something that could be taken at night, then in the morning he might be functioning on the half life of it and not be so aggressive.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom