Do all of the recent AED's have mood side effects?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Do all of the AED's brought on the market in the last 10-15 years have anger or mood side effects? I have mood side effects from either Keppra or Topamax that I never had from Tegretol.

new drug = Lamictal is also used as a mood stabilizer.. ive never taken Topamax keppra can make you moody...

love
angel

I'm so happy to be off keppra.... no joke! I tried to stay on it because it was so good at helping seizures and dystonia.... for me it wasnt worth the side effects & i ended up freaking out on it...

hang in there...

I've not been on keppra or topamax, I am now on carbamspine )sp) lamitical, and klonopin(the generic for it).

I know the ones I am on are mood stabalizers because since I was diagnosed with BI-polar 2 my pysch hasn't put me on any other meds because these are treated to treat it also.

Nicole was put on Lamictal in August. Her behavior escalated and now we are reducing the dosage. Her behavior has improved and we will be taking her off at the next doc visit.

Back
Top Bottom