Do I?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
So I'm thinking most of us has had a grand mal seizure.
For me I've had multiple grand mals. I had a grand mal mid December and my Dad called 911, the paramedics came. To the point, when I was done siezing, I guess they asked me "Do you want to go to the hospital?" I said yes, but I blacked out till I was in the ambulance, omw. So why would they ask a person that isn't fully conscious a question. I mean, I don't remember them asking me a question, because I wasn't really conscious not because of my foggy memory. Has this happened to anyone else??

Hi finalpoet,

A couple of yrs. ago I was at my family Dr. for a check up and I had a seizure on my way out and when I came to 3 Drs. were around me and they called an ambulance and sent me to the ER. I told them I didn't need to go and they just turned around and said "We weren't sure what happened to you." I was furious with the Drs. especially my own since I had just seen him and he knew about my seizures. If 3 Drs. can't tell a person is having a seizure they better go back to school as far as I'm concerned. That ended me seeing that Dr. and I found a new one who has there act together much better.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

If you don't seem conscious they are going to send you for liability reasons. If you are conscious, they have to ask for liability reasons. If you say no, it has to be a clear and straightforward no that you are refusing medical care, once again, because of liability reasons.

The name of the game here is liability. Nobody wants to get sued.

I assumed it was liability reasons.
Long story, but only a clear yes answered a question for me.

Back
Top Bottom