do you have trouble remembering things?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
For example, if i need to drive somewhere I have been to many times. if i haven't been there recently ill have to stop and try hard to remember and figure out how to get there.

Other things i seem to not be able to remember. few years ago i paid a guy to detail my car. i didn't remember that i had done it.

I think you're in good company here. Do a search for "memory" up in the "memory" drop down box at the top of the page. I have no doubt you'll get a lot of finds.

Since my seizures started five month ago I take notes, loose notes and then find notes, sometimes they are notes reminding me about things I needed to take notes about! LOL I remembered the milk at the store but forgot my child's good nites oh well at least he will have a big cup of milk before bed!

Have you seen my notes?:banana:

My memory is fine until I wake up!:pfft:

What was I talking about? Sadly on a multiple seizure day this is pretty close to accurate.

I try to write things down, but often don't get it all in writing. Or I lose my notebook. Or I lose a loose note. After a rash of seizures that are worse than normal for me, due to Lamictal withdrawl, my memory is even worse - both short term and long term. My long term memory is like swiss cheese. Compounding it is the fact that I now have a pretty hard time with verbally communicated information. Which I try to write down but that doesn't always go so well.

I thought the memory stuff was due to the medication, but the doc thinks it's due to the seizures. In which case it's probably permanent. :(

it sounds pretty bad. i feel lucky. with meds i can live a normal life. ride a motorcycle and everything. my wife has chrons. i wish so bad i could have it instead of her.

I'm working on it - hope to make it better. I want to go back to work soon, and I have to be able to make it through a job interview!

I'm always forgetting things. I always forget what I'm gonna say or forget what someone had just told me.

I have good days and I have bad days. Today is an OKAY day. Many times I forget my kids names and they will tell me if I do the "Uhhh Ummm" thing or if I call them one of the others names. I've put things in the fridge and turn on the microwave (right next to each other). Put a pan on the stove and get the food in it and ready and forget to turn it on. Most ordinary things are problems.

I think it is E AND med related not just one or the other.

My memory seems to be bad with names.........and I mean names of people I know...or should know...or should I say...."remember".....frustrating. someone I havent seen in 6 months - year, forget it!! Irritating..AND embarrassing to call someone "buddy", "girl" or "my friend" ....etc etc

Yup. Seems to be a common occurrence and becoming more frequent. A WEE bit frustrating!
Neil

I can totally relate this is the reason my husband bought me a GPS for my car so he wouldn't have to worry about me being lost it has a button programmed I push called "take me home" it is preprogrammed with my address if I get lost. This has happened. I also miss roads all the time in areas where I an familiar like taking my daughter to school turning an ext SUV around is no picnic. Lol.

ya. gps is a good thing. i have to travel somewhere more than several times to remember it.

I have had trouble with this since my last seizure. Two days ago I went to my room for something important. I know it was important. Do you think I can even remember now? No. Trying to remember hurts my head... and my memory is just black... nothing. So I'm like ok... nevermind. I do this often but usually I end up remembering within 10 minutes if I retrace my steps. Not this time lol.

oh yeah and I'll never live down last weekend when I asked mum "whats the web address for youtube?" They will never let me forget it. lol

THe memory thing is actually starting to scare me. I'm mot only starting to forget words and misplace things or not remmebering what I walk into a room for but I'm starting to lose time as well :( We went to get dog food yesterday...we have to drive about 25 miles to get it. We always drive the same way...I remember going through the one little town we always have to drive through and talking to my husband and the next thing I know we are in the city where the pet store is at. I don't remember those 5 or so miles in between...this has happened before and I haven't said anythig to anyone cause it scares me. ITs different from my usual daydreaming or internal dialog, this is having a big empty BLANK. ANyone else have that?

Back
Top Bottom