Doing good but...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AndrewIrish

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have now gone about two mintgs without a TC. I only had one "scare" last week where a STRONG myoclonic jerk tossed me down and the regular jerks if course but I broke the "once a month" cycle I'd been in - I'm hoping for another year without a TC(I have had year long periods before) but in your guys experience as you age do they have a 'tendency' to become more prevalent?

I don't think there's any one pattern with tonic-clonics. Ideally you want them controlled to minimize risk of them getting worse or more frequent. When I tried going off of meds, my tonic-clonics began happening more often -- once every 3 months months, then once every two months, then once every month -- and I went back on meds.

But there are external factors in addition to meds that can influence your seizure threshold -- things like how well you manage triggers, or how proactive you are with your overall health. Your metabolism may change over time in a wide variety of ways, and that can also affect seizure threshold.

I'm glad you're doing well -- hope that trend continues!

Back
Top Bottom