during complex partials how much to you recall?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
I've had a disjointed nightmare associated with a seizure period I had a long time ago, and it has recently occurred to me that what I thought was a cluster of TCs might have been a long cluster of CPS.
I'd read about the various types of seizures but since I always has TCs I thought I'd always have that type.
Complex partials have begun to sound like a bigger deal than I had garnered, and make sense regarding a span of time I experienced in the ER.
But the deal is I have many flashbulb memories during the span, which was overall about 8 hours, very brief periods of recollection, and it definitely wasn't the type of recollection I've had after a TC when I wake up and then go back to sleep. It was a lot of very bizarre shit that I'm terrified of frankly.
I guess I have been under the assumption there would be no recollection at all during a complex partial.

Complex partials cause impairment, but not necessarily complete loss of awareness. They sometimes have an "aura" (simple partial seizure) that comes before than can be rather scary.

When I have had a complex partial seizure, I get an aura first, then I dont recall anything about the seizure. My mom has said I look to my right, and I may mumble something... or smack my lips, and blink my eyes really fast. I dont remember anything. When I come to, Im feeling very tired and my head is killing me. My mom has given me ativan and then Ive always layed down for the rest of the day to sleep it off.

Back
Top Bottom