EEG iPhone app - W-Wave - anyone heard of this?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
I meant "X" Wave...

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-01-xwave-iphone-mind.html

I want to find out a bit more information and get one of these if there is the least bit of credibility to this thing. Especially if there is a function to record the data.
Also note-taking along with peaks of certain wave periods... but I could just do that separately.
But recording the data would be pretty much mandatory IMHO to make this thing worth anything. To wear it during sleep especially.
To text-message a neurologist this type of data would be awesome I think. Or to send it/record it however. Not necessarily by text, but you know...

Has anyone else heard about this?
Anyone ever heard anything about it from a doctor?

I think I might have heard about it from a doctor last time I was in the ER, but I was so out of it, it didn't occur to me until I just now stumbled across it.

I've never heard of it until now but after checking out a few sites that have them I really see it as a scam.

First of all there is only 1 place where it touches your head & that's on your forehead. If that's all we needed then EEGs would be so much easier. Besides, the only nerve that is in the forehead are the branches of the Trigeminal Nerve.

Secondly there are places that say that it not only reads your mind but can help by using biofeedback. I have no problem with biofeedback but there are too many machines out there claiming biofeedback effects that do nothing. Even with good biofeedback there are more places that the machine makes contact with your head than just your forehead.

Third, even when doing a seach for "XWave app review" I got no reviews but lots of ads & articles (most that repeated the same thing with the same vid), all of which told what it is supposed to do but gave no mention of tests of anything else to prove that it really does what it is supposed to. One headline just said that it "promises" to read your mind. It said nothing of what it "does".

If you are really intent on getting one then my advice would be to wait until it is reviewed by a trusted software or app magazine or you can find trustworthy & objective reviews.

Last edited:
yeah - I have my suspicions about the thing - but even as a relatively simple device it may have some merit

I figured that even with a very low resolution it may be able to still function as an "on/off" frequency range detection device

but I'd rather not learn that purchase of the device is itself a lack-of-brainwave detection device
:D

Looks kinda interesting, but definitely not as an eeg, nor could I see it being very useful for any serious monitoring of the brain. I doubt it would record anything either... kind of more of a mind "exercise" thing.

I found the first video on their site rather hilarious though... Hot girl comes out in a mini skirt... does the Vanna White thing...then they zoom in. With her black skirt against the black background, it looks like her upper body and head are just floating around.. cracked me up.

Also, where in Texas are you? hopefully not being too affected by the fires... Scary stuff. I grew up in Houston, so being a fellow Texan, I'm watching the situation rather closely.

hey bluesb.

being in Utah you're probably closer to the fires than I am here in Dallas :)

they're way out west a ways

Back
Top Bottom