EEG last week

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pita300

New
Reaction score
I had an EEG last Friday. Stayed up late on Thursday got up early on Friday and was prepared to sleep durring the EEG. Did'nt sleep a wink. I did doze alittle but did'nt fall into that deep sleep when your brain goes crazy! Also had a bone density test last week. For those of you on Tegretol and have been for a while. I've been on it for atleast 20 years. After the dr. uped my meds he wanted to see if my bones were tolorating the Tegretol. Problem Is my next appointment isnt until the 14th of April. I have to wait untill then to get any of these results. I'm not concerned with the EEG as it will probably come back normal. I am interested in the Bone density test and will post those results as soon as I know

pita300,

This girl will be interested to see your results on both.

U are a long term user of the E meds and this is very relevant information 'Bone density"

I am glad your doc is thinking proactive.

So will this girl.
Carbamazepine 8+ years now but plan on being on it for good so it worries me. I have a doc appt tomorrow and am going to ask about having the density test done, hopefully she goes for it.
I know not a thing about it though; what do they do? Does it hurt?

Let's just say it took longer to fill out the paperwork then it took to do the scan. Compaired to some of the scans I've had in the past this was the easiest.

So will this girl.
Carbamazepine 8+ years now but plan on being on it for good so it worries me. I have a doc appt tomorrow and am going to ask about having the density test done, hopefully she goes for it.
I know not a thing about it though; what do they do? Does it hurt?

My doctor sent me for one a year ago or so because I've been on Tegretol for about 10 years. It's nothing to worry about. You lie on a table, and there's a big, flat scanning machine thing above you, and the tech will have you turn in a couple of different positions and the machine just takes a scan. I think they mostly just scan your pelvis bones.

To pita: you probably don't have to wait for results. You can probably call your doctor's office and ask if it came out ok. Then the doctor can give you more details when you see him.

Back
Top Bottom