Emotional control.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mrstocks

New
Reaction score
Hello !

I had many seizure (about 3 the past week) i live with it maybe time it happens on a Sunday (no idea why) i used to be a chilled out type of person now i question everything/everyone, i take Keppra like most people also i developed some fear of people but i have random drugs like Frissium etc... I was looking in the side effects of Frissium/keppra it's seems that it's no there. I developed fear of people just because of the E. having random fit in people and i felt the i was a circus act with the random wannabe doctors checking if i have a pulse, i punched one the last time and knocked him out.

Aggression is a side effect, OK, i get really really really annoyed sometimes that i drives me to the bar and knock myself, and the hang over literally kill me. I'm a drinkers because i'm bored, i can't drive anymore, i can't listen to music as my father always has the TV on and my room is about 5m² i spoke to the doctor about it, i'm in handicapped and can't work when i was young i always wanted it, now, maybe not.

Since i can remember until 27 never got into a fight (even at school!) this year about 6 or 7, slit both arms, tried to jump out the window, got my car and drove into a wall. The only way i can feel happy is by drinking thats drives me crazy and people too. Every drives my crazy and it's a weird thing, because i know that people drive me crazy so every time i see someone i know it, and its more more more more. I tremble with fear and anger all day. My girlfriend thinks i should to the AA's i think otherwise the problem is more deep than she thinks.

I can't stand the TV anymore the voices my father over protecting me my girl friend who thinks she knows best (a vet).

Am i loosing my mind? Becoming an alcoholic un order to feel good?

tldr; someone rambling about live the univers and everything

tldr²: Im becoming so emotional that my life is sh*t and don't give a damm about the whole story of life. Its a side effect or something i go to a proper doc about

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt know where it post it other than /dev/null, thanks for helping, seriously

MrStocks,

I'm so glad you came in here to rant and vent and not the pub. It's a lot safer here.

Are you on Keppra by any chance? Because what you are describing sounds like how Keppra affects lots of folks.

Jumping out the window, fights, and driving your car into a wall are serious signs that your neurologist needs to get involved. Please think about calling him and telling him how you are feeling so either he can adjust your meds or change them. I'm worried that you might get hurt from your Kepprage. Or even worse, hurt someone else and be in jail with Kepprage. You wouldn't last long, in that case.

Alcohol can be a way of self-medicating - getting some relief from the intense emotions that the AEDs (especially Keppra) create. Alcohol is a seizure trigger for some, so it can make things even worse. I think there's a good chance that once your doc gets your medications right you won't need the alcohol any more. And if you do, please tell your doc that, too. It's important for him to know so he can help you out.

If you need to vent, please vent here. We are here to listen and help!

i didnt know where it post it other than /dev/null, thanks for helping, seriously

Nadda Problem.

I've got to say that I've always preferred music over television. When I lived in a house with room mates they got me an extension cord for the headphones of the home stereo. It was long enough that I could go all the way to the kitchen, make breakfast & still have my music. Something like that might help your sanity at home.

Also, Endless is right. You've described your Keppra side-effects perfectly. I would suggest you mention this to your neurologist.

it's really annoying me, my friends are leaving me because of the drink, yet, they get drunk all the time (with other drugs too) but because im E. i don't get invited anymore.

This afternoon i was walking the dog about 50m away from my door and i felt the very strange then my head, sight got fuzzy, hand trembling then i couldn't move it a little girl came to me and ask if she took pat the dog (its a great dane) i rushed off to get to the door, the dog was pulling me, holding her with my left hand the right one was so badly shaking i couldn't put the key in. Then i asked someone for a hand (no pun intended) he gave a'aggressif look and past by.

Got home, on my hand and neez let the dog loose tryed to put music, rang my girlfriend and she put the phone down.

How can you like people after a continous fight over nothing, it's really ashame that i only feel fine with a glass of wine/beer/gin whatever, last night i was the same i meet a random person (i know her from a forum because of the dog...) i started to get a fuzzy feeling next thing i knew i was running to my house, a few mins later an email calling me a freak. I really dont mind having fits in public but not in the dogs.

How long until i get a treatment that is worth having? Is it possible that im not never going to have a normal life after a little fall?

Im tryed to sense medicat myself different dose of keppra up to 2weeks on 500 to 3000 but it doesnt work on Feb i see my neurolist again, wanna be that he will try to up the dosage again (i know that it will not sort it).

The fits happen because of the emotion stress and tireness, i can't tell people to not stress me, i've already told them that stressing because of the alcohol or dogs or whatever only makes it wors. They can't help so why bother.

Well randomly rambling on a sunday take some pain away.

Thx ;)

Pretty dog. My sister has a great dane too.

Medication made my daughters seizures worse, and life was spiralling out of control, when she tried a variety of them.
She is now med free and controls her seizure activity by making nutritional changes.
We are working with low glycemic foods right now, to see if this makes a difference.
Alcohol can cause an imbalance in your glucose levels, and also it can make your liver unhealthy. Both of which can contribute to seizure activity.

You might look here to see about others experience with the meds you take:
www.askapatient.com

MrStocks,

Everything is going to be okay. You've got hundreds of friends in here who aren't going anywhere, and we love you just the way you are. In fact, Epilepsy makes you especially lovable to us all. So hang out here for awhile, okay?

Maybe it might be time to call your neurologist now? And not wait until Feb? He may be able to help with all this. I'd feel better if you called him up and asked to have your appointment moved to a closer date. I think he needs to see you and get your seizures straightened out.

Hey Mrstocks,

I just wanted to say that you're not alone and this is a great place to talk about anything that comes up. I too have experienced emotional changes on medication, and have recently not been invited out to events where my friends are drinking because of my E...

You're in the right place to talk, so please let us know how you are

MrStocks,

I understand how scary everything is - the seizures, the emotions, the meds. It may be that it has come to the point where you need help in taking care of it. I'm urging you to go to the nearest emergency room. They are equipped to help you out so you feel better. Please tell them everything you have told us - fighting, crying... all of it. They truly do want to help you and have the ability to do so. Please go today. I know it's hard but you need to help yourself by going in, so that they can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this thread hasn't been updated in a few days, but I really, really think you should call your neurologist as soon as possible. From what I've read in your other thread and this one now, you need to get off Keppra. Something at least needs to be changed.

Alcohol helps with my insomnia, but it's a terror on my epilepsy. I really think you need to cut down, or just stop completely. How long have you been drinking and how much? You need to tell your neuro because if you go through withdrawals, you're going to be in even more hell than you are now.

We truly want the best for you here, and we're all just as crazy as you. We're always here to listen!

heh!

My both parents are alcoholic (one better than other) in fact i don't know what you consider alcoholics, its something who wake up in morning and drink a bottle or something who waits care until 5 or 6pm for the a bottle of wine. I been drinking since 6months about before, i imagined but there was nothing to say about it (i was as drunk as my friends), but at 13 hospital and 16 too become of the alcohol and i *feel* of the cliff because i drunk.

When you consider it, dysesthesia would be great and helpful i have to get back to france or many not... mhm i know that with E. its worst it takes me 3 or 4 days to recover even a week.

the only thing that make no scared, no dizziness, no stress is booze i'm kepping it down now i dont sleep, it 6:24am atm. blah

I agree with everything that every one else said above. I think I have keprage and I'm going to talk to the neuro about it at my next visit. I know there are times I just want to walk up to someone and just punch someone in the face for something that they are doing.

Also I tend to have seizures around stressful times and you said that you usually have yours on Sundays. I don't know if you spent Saturday night at the bar and the seizure could be coming from some sort of hangover. But do you have things going on during the week that you "just don't want to do"? You may have worked up so much in yourself that this could have worked into a seizure.

Either way make sure you tell your neuro all the things that are going on with you and make sure he understands them and that you need help.

Well most times i go to the cinema, drink a couple of beers over the week end, my dad comes in the week end can talk about work, sleep, E, keppra etc after girl friend wants to go to in the metro to see her - it's too stressful don't sleep well and ping!

I haven't had a fit for some days now, because my farther is on holiday, i don't see my girl friend any more and changed a few friends (in fact all). I'm taking the B6 as all said i works but has a placebo effect (maybe?) my neurologist is in France, im in Vienna (austria) so of course i will tell him what's happenning in my head and research what he must give me etc...

Im starting to become happy with the new friends. Still im i an scared to go out by myself :/

Back
Top Bottom