epilepsy caused by excessive sex drive/masturbation?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

strike

New
Reaction score
Hi, I'm just wondering if epilepsy is caused by excessive sex drive/masturbation? early centuries, they say it is, and they use bromide as treatment. bromide had too many side effects and they create other drugs. Anyone have some information on this or have experienced this? Here is a link that talks a little bit about it.

emedicine.medscape.com/article/1187334-overview

Many years ago I knew an old man who thought I should give up sex & masturbation because it would provoke a seizure. Since then I've heard about E thought to be caused by excessive sex drives. All I could find is that it is something they believed in the 1800's.

The reason why they thought it was caused by this is because christianity and catholicism etc thought that masterbation was sin, and any sex that was more than just trying to procreate was also sin. Epilepsy was (at the time) a punishment from god for being to promiscuous. Or you were possessed by a demon. Either way I don't think its too solid of a theory.

Besides, if I've been having partials all day, a good orgasm usually tends to reset the brain.

Well darn it. I just got a new virus software package and I can't figure out how to turn off the net-nanny portion of it. I tried to search on "seizure trigger sex" and the netnanny filtered out all the results.

So without an internet citing, I'll just have to say that I've read here and there about some people having a seizure during an orgasm. Don't know if it's true, just because someone posted in a forum somewhere that it happened to them doesn't mean it happened to them.

I say a life without sex is worse than a life with seizures. Or maybe that's just me.

P.S. I almost put the "brock" smilie on here, but if I did, as a moderator I'd have to censor/revise my own message. lol... that is, given the context of the post and all.

P.S. I almost put the "brock" smilie on here, but if I did, as a moderator I'd have to censor/revise my own message. lol... that is, given the context of the post and all.

:roflmao: That remark just put a smile on my face. Not sure what kind of smile you'd call it though

Lol I have had seizures during sex. Honestly cannot remember if it was during orgasm or not. But they were while I was drunk too, so it could have been the alcohol triggering it.

Endless, go through the polls and you will see one called epilepsy and sex drive. On like page 2 or 3 we start talking about the seizures during.

utterly rediculous

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were to guess the seizures during sex is probably because of how your breathing. You gotta admit that you get short of breath at some point .

If I were to guess the seizures during sex is probably because of how your breathing. You gotta admit that you get short of breath at some point .

only if i am doing it right.

I told my husband about this post and he started laughing "Maybe that's why you are like you are!" he said :D

I've also had seizures during sex. My husband and I get a laugh about that because I usually don't remember anything that goes on during my seizure. He always says to me - "You don't remember if it was any good do you"! Ha, ha! :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom