Eye Twitching?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Have you, or do you ever have your eye(s) twitch? Here recently my right eye, sometimes my left eye has been twitching! Its driving me nuts! I have no clue as to why its doing this...

I just thought Id ask here to see if anyone else has had this happen?

Yes, I haaatttteee it! Sometimes it twitches all day. Or my thigh; I hate that, too. *nod*

For some folks (like my sister), too much caffeine + eyestrain = eye twitching. But there are other causes too...

Thanks! I use to have it happening all the time when I was on Keppra. Now Im on Keppra XR, I have been since November 2010. Here recently, Ive been noticing my right eye, sometimes my left, will start to twitch. It use to happen all the time when I was on Keppra. I thought after they switched me, it started to become less noticable to then almost hardly ever happening.

Ive been sick since mid December, but I havnt had a whole lot of caffiene. I have had a diet coke here and there... so I guess it could be from the caffiene in that. Ive cut down alot on the caffiene in the past four months.

I'll just have to see how it goes and see it it gets worse or not. Thanks!

I get random muscle twitches in my lower eye lid of either eye and the twitches can last for a couple days.

Sometimes I get a twitch in the upper left lip and my forearm muscles.
These are all very annoying.

Yes, in my right upper eyelid quite frequently. It gets annoying at times. I figure its my meds :)

I had it happen a few times throughout 18 years while on Tegretol, then i began Keppra. Two times in nine months my eye twitched for about 12 hours straight...annoying, at first I thought they were seizures...but I now think a side effect of Keppra....:)

I am not on meds, and a while back I went for about a week or two where my left eye was twitching often, daily.

I increased my magnesium, and attempted going to bed earlier. Eventually it calmed down.

I had eye twitching in the past but it usually happened when I was stressed or overtired. Haven't experienced it for a long time now, though :). I guess most people experience that at some point or another but it's probably not related to epilepsy in most cases..

Thanks for all the replies.

I just noticed it more over the past few weeks now. I had it around the middle of last year and it drove me crazy! then It went away around the time my dr changed me to my Keppra XR. But its back again now. Its not happening alot, like it did then.... but sometimes like yesterday evening, it was doing it abit more than usual.

I'll have to try to get more rest in. Stress around here is common for me. I deal with the kids during the day, while my husband works, and all the housework. LOL So Im use to it!

I've wondered about this as well. I've been taking generic Keppra for about a month now, and over the last few weeks I've noticed my upper eyelid on my left side twitching.

Now, this has happened in the past, and it was just typical random eye twitch that eventually went away, but since I've recently started up with a new drug I'm watching everything more carefully.

Anyone think the keppra could be the cause, or is it more likely just normal eye strain, etc?

My right eye has twitched on and off for years. This was before the diagnosis of epilepsy and taking the meds. We know the cause of my twitching, though. It's something other than epilepsy.

Yours could be almost anything. You may want to let your doc know about it.

I did tell the neuro on my last visit. He didn't say much, kinda blew it off, and asked for me to follow up with him in a few weeks.

So, once again, I'm left to my own devices to figure out what the hell is going on...

Back
Top Bottom