Finally! Epi appointment tomorrow

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Crystal11

New
Reaction score
Well after missing three calls from nurse Tracy, we finally spoke and set up an urgent appointment to discuss Zonegran and migraine management and as always, discussion about seizures.
I am SO pleased to gave an epileptologist who will see me everytime I go in. She and her nurse are great and both impressed me a lot.
Anyway, have a nice early 8:00 appointment but I'm not complaining. Lol

I feel that I'm going through every med out there especially for migraine now those are not getting better. Had one last night that disabled me. I slept and took Butalbital and it helped a lot. Now if I can get it to stop totally I would be pleased. A lot of times the pain is helped a lot but burning and sensitivity to touch and non-painful things cause pain such as wearing glasses or hearing aids. Forgot what it's call-something with an A lol.

I'm thankful I can be seen fast.
Everyone take care.

Crystal,

I'm so happy that you have a new epi, and she can see you so quickly! Let us know how the appointment goes, okay?

Today I went to my neurologist and we talked about my seizures and meds I was on as well as migraines and pain.
I tried Zonegran which didn't work at all. I told him that i don't want to be on it if its not working.
I am already on Keppra XR, Lamictal XR (For Epilepsy)
Propranolol as needed for Tachycardia and PACs
Trazodone - just added for migraine pain as well as to help with sleeping. Sleeping is a trigger for both conditions.
I am to take it at night, 1-2 pills and maybe up to 3 if needed. I hope I don't have to use that many!
Butalbital- as needed for migraine and is also a sedative which helps to sleep..

So even though this is A LOT of meds- I'm hoping that something will work. So far my seizures are under pretty good control. I still have a few little ones here and there and maybe 1 longer complex partials a month and sometime not at all in a month- but I'm not totally seizure free unfortunatly.
We are also working towards reducing some of the meds or getting rid of one seizure med if I'm okay on just one- which I have always hoped for.

PT starts on the 15th and I hope it will work for pain managment and balance. I had PT a lot in my life and know it helps quite a bit..
Staying possitive and will have to be patient.

Will post progress when I know more of how meds are working out..
Right now- i have a small pharmacy! LOL

Everyone take care and be safe.
Crystal

Good luck

to you, Crystal. I know the feeling about having a small pharmacy. And having seizure control--or close to it must be great! Yeah for you!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hi Crystal,

Hope the new meds will help get those migraines under control & good luck with reducing the meds.

Back
Top Bottom