Frontal lobe surgery

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

wvueers

New
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ever had this surgery? I have not seen where anyone has talked about it. I went through all the test to have it. I had second thoughts when they didn't give me good results or answers about the surgery. I made the decision to stay on meds. Everyone have a good weekend. Thanks, Dave

I am having thoughts about having Rebecca go through the brain mapping just in case she ever wants to consider this as an option. I have been told I should make it happen, and yet I feel she has a right to have her say.

Going to start neurofeedback next week. That is less invasive, so I consider it much more of a straight forward alternative, even if we do have to cover the expense. If it is a positive outcome, I will write a report for the insurance company as to how we have saved them from thousands of dollars in ER expenses.

She has a birthmark in the right frontal lobe.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had this surgery? I have not seen where anyone has talked about it. I went through all the test to have it. I had second thoughts when they didn't give me good results or answers about the surgery. I made the decision to stay on meds. Everyone have a good weekend. Thanks, Dave

Dave - I believe Nancy had Frontal
Lobe Surgery performed. I'm not sure,
she's had a lot of brain surgeries and
would have another one done again in
a heartbeat! I'll ring her up to answer
your questions and your post!

Robin

Robin, I had to go through so many test to locate the area where my seizures were coming from. First of course they wired me up for sound. Took my meds away. I would say within 14 hours i had my first grand mal, and of course several others. After a couple days, I received my meds back. When they found the area in my brain where they started, the next step was to place eeg electrodes on my brain. Take away my meds again. I just hated to go through that again. The doctors said I could loose motor function of my hands, mouth and other problems. If anyone is thinking about this surgery, make it your last resort. Sorry for being so long winded. It is hard to tell my story on line. Thanks, Dave

I dont think that cure rates are above 30 percent and this surgery could effect your majior motor skills

Thanks Dave - for now I am excited about the results of neurofeedback.

Back
Top Bottom