Fun at the library

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sassi

New
Reaction score
So I was sitting at the desk I have here doing god knows what, I forgot because of what happened, and all of a sudden I had a seizure episode. I'll describe it like this:
I was sitting there when my head started feeling fuzzy which I jotted down sometime in my notes for my VB class which happened around 4:05. This has been going on and off for a couple of days as I've written it down and texted it to myself and so on and so forth. I had a nocturnal episode I don't remember when but I did, it's in my journal and bit my cheek (felt lovely, I might add). But I jotted down 4:11 and then got this overwhelming clenching feeling came in my stomach and my head suddenly felt like it was being wrapped with a low-grade electric fencing.
I was sitting in the chair and I couldn't move, I was stuck in the chair and I couldn't move or speak or anything. There was no getting up and I'm sure if I had tried it would've been a disaster and I would've fallen over or something like that because I wasn't really all that coherent. I felt like I was paralyzed, essentially, in the chair with no way to get out of it. Then I came back and my phone was in my lap and I was staring at the screen to my computer and it was all "normal" but my face was burning and tingling and I was shaking like it was cold but it's actually pretty warm in here.

I'm really sleepy now, my head isn't really as badly and I think it's more my face than anything else. My head hurts and for a while there I just wanted to sit there and cry because I just wanted to go home. I still kind of do because... I just want to go home. But I can't because I'm stuck here and I'm trying to remember why (other than the text I just got reminding me about my study group which'll be fun fun!). I know someone will be picking me up but I don't remember who. If I call my neurologist she'll just tell me "write it in your journal!" which doesn't help me any at all.

I feel like I was wrung out the dry and I just want to go to bed. I'm glad I write down my homework in notes now, otherwise I would be pretty screwed because I don't remember a damn thing. Makes me want to cry more.

:(

Well that sucks. I remember when my wife was studying her way through grad school. She had to study 10x harder than anyone else because the seizures kept setting her back. If it makes you feel any better, she did end up graduating. Hang in there. Get good sleep and take care of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom