FYI: Bone Health, Nausea

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
It has been documented that anti-seizure medications have the ability to assist with bone loss. I go to a naturopathic MD and we spoke about this as my DEKA scan showed some issues in my hip.

Before trying any "drugs" he has had remarkable success with the following combination of vitamins and minerals. Many of which assist with seizure decrease:

1500mg calcium
400 mg magnesium
4000-5000 IU Vitamin D
3 mg Boron
200 mg Strontium (do not take within 6 hours of calcium)

Another issue with meds is nausea. Here are the products which have worked wonders with me (mind you--no drugs):

Glutagenics - 1tsp with every meal (reduce as nausea subsides)
Simalase - digestive enzyme
Ultra Flora - probiotic

Good luck on your journey. I'll keep posting as I get more information.---LMT

Thanks LMT

I've tried most of those except strontium but never in combination.

Back
Top Bottom