Going Back to My Previous Doctor I Had Quit

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

walksalot

New
Reaction score
This was a little embarassing, :egg: but after transferring myself to a new doctor three months ago, today I called Ohio State Neurology Clinic and asked them "please" will they take me back. The secretary in my new doctor's office was pretty much as dumb as a doornail and could not follow me when I asked her to contact the Medicare Part D drug provider to get approval of the quantity of Lamictal that I take. She even stated to me that Dr. Smith, my new doctor, was only supposed to monitor me anyway (this was last summer when I was going to have the VNS procedure and then I didn't) and didn't my doctor in Columbus prescribe my medications? Well, I have only 18 days of medication left and I don't think this moron secretary here can help me. I know that my doctor at Ohio State can do this for me so I'm going back with my tail between my legs.

Has anyone else switched to another doctor and then returned to your previous one? I just feel safe where I was before even though my family doesn't agree. It doesn't matter what your family thinks, you, yourself, have to be comfortable with your physician.:ponder:

We did for Rebecca, however the neurologist was just as bad the second go around.
So we found a third one who is quite willing to look at all aspects and be open minded.

Comfortable is good, however updated on all current therapies, and research is also important.

We changed Lindsay's orthopedic surgeon at one point. However, her original was still the best. We find that many docs don't look at the whole person when making treatment decisions. So, inspite, of the 5hr drive and long wait time for the original doc, we went back to him. He remained her doc until she was 18 at which time Shriner's hospitals graduates their patients. hmmmfp

We have just changed Drs and IF I think the old one better or I find another one I think would be better, Id switch in a heartbeat. Its not about loyalty to a Dr., its about loyalty to get our kids the best there is .

Hang in there

joan*

Back
Top Bottom